Chapter Four

~*Third Person POV*~

   Shiho stirs from her sleep, having forgotten she's on the couch at Mikey's place. It wasn't like this was a new occurrence, she had just forgotten. Shiho stays over at Mikey's a lot.

   "Shishi~chan!" Mikey whines, throwing himself onto Shiho. "Wake up~!"

   Shiho groans and rolls over. "No."

   "Yes."

   Shiho doesn't respond and tries to keep sleeping, but it's hard with an annoyed blond poking her cheek.

  "Shishi~Chan!" Mikey says again. Shiho sighs and opens her eyes. Mikey's face is right in front of hers. She blinks a couple of times, hoping this was a dream.

   It isn't.

   "Yay! You're up!" He says, getting off Shiho. His hair is super frizzy as always, and he has his blanket still in his hand.

   Shiho sits up, her hair no longer on just the right side of her face. Admittedly, she doesn't care as much as usual. Her mind is still reeling from everything Takemichi told her last night.

   Time travel isn't something you hear about every day, you know.

   "Did you need help with your hair again?" Shiho asks, rubbing her eyes. Mikey nods a little. Shiho chuckles. "Alright, come here."

   Mikey sits on the floor in front of her. He hands her a brush and hair tie, and let's her fix his hair. Draken does it sometimes, but Shiho is consistently better than he is. She used to have longer hair, and she understands the upkeep—not that Draken doesn't. He's just not as good at it.

   "You're coming to eat with me and Kenchin, right?" Mikey asks as Shiho pulls his bangs back into a ponytail.

   "Of course," she says. "Why wouldn't I?"

   "I didn't know if you had plans with Takemicchi," Mikey says.

   "Not today. We just made a deal last night," Shiho says, rather matter-of-factly.

   Mikey smiles. "Oh. What was it?"

   "I told him he'd have to learn how to fight to hang around us," Shiho lies. She doesn't like doing it, but she can't tell him about Takemichi's powers.

   Mikey looks at her after she ties his hair up. "But I don't care about that."

   Shiho smiles. "I know you don't," she says.

   "Then why did you make that deal with him?"

   Shiho looks at the window, vaguely seeing her own reflection in the glass. "If wants to protect his friends—us—he needs to know how to fight, Jirou. He was more than open to the idea of learning from me."

   Mikey looks a little unconvinced, but he nods nonetheless. "I'm sure you guys worked it out."

   Shiho hums, tearing her gaze from the window. "Let's get ready to go meet Ken~Chan. Don't wanna keep him waiting."

   "Why not?"

   "Cause I'm the one he'll kill if we're late."

~*~*~

   "Become my bodyguard?" Draken asks Takemichi after he makes his case. "No way!"

   "Thank—" Takemicchi starts to bow. "Wait what?"

   "A bodyguard would be annoying," Draken says as he walks away. "I can do whatever I want on my own. Besides, would you even be good at it?"

   Well, that didn't work. Takemichi, as much as he wanted to, couldn't argue with him. But, lucky, he doesn't give up easily.