Chapter Sixteen

Shiho shifts Chifuyu on her back. She looks at Takemichi, who's face is unreadable.

   "Jirou still doesn't know about any of that," Shiho says. "He doesn't even know why Kei~Chan and I have nicknames for each other."

   "Huh?" Takemichi asks.

   "Yuda and I made a promise a couple years ago," Baji says. "In hindsight it seems stupid—"

   "It was your idea."

    "But, it was how we knew that the three of us were still in this together," Baji says. "But now...I don't know who's side Yuda is on."

   Shiho looks away. "I'm not sure either, Kei~Chan."

   "No!" Takemichi shouts, surprising everyone around him, even Shiho. "You can't betray Mikey~kun, too! You mean so much to him!"

   Shiho looks at the ground. "Jirou told you about his brother," Shiho says. "No matter how you look at it, I'm just as responsible as they are, but what do I get punished for? Nothing? That can't be right! Jirou doesn't even talk about Tora~kun, but I'm an angel that did nothing wrong?"

   "Well..."

   "There is no well, Micchi. Even if I'm still in Touman...I've practically betrayed Jirou already."

   "Kazutora stood up for me and Yuda so neither of us ended up in Juvie," Baji says.

   "Tora~kun and Kei~Chan made sure the cops didn't even know another person was there with them," Shiho says, looking at Takemichi. "So there, now you know everything. Are you gonna tell Jirou everything or...say nothing?"

   "Before we get too off topic," Hanma says, throwing a jacket over his shoulder, "I'd like to say a word to Baji. If all that really is true, I'm more than willing to let you on board." He tosses the jacket to Baji, who puts it on over his old Touman uniform.

   "Hanagaki, Manyuda," Hanma says, looking at the two concious Touman members. "Give Mikey this message."

   "October thirty first, a week from now," Kazutora says.

   "In the abandoned car lot," Hanma says as he sits down in what Shiho can only assume is a sort of throne. "Valhalla versus Touman. Our final fight!"

   "Come on, Micchi, let's go," Shiho says, turning to leave.

   "Wait!" Hanma says, making Shiho turn her body back just enough to see his face. "Since you, Kazutora, and Baji have some history, Manyuda, I'll make you an offer. Come to Valhalla any time before the fight, and I'll let you join us."

   Shiho doesn't say anything for a while. "Why would I come back here?"

   "Just...keep it in mind, Shiho," Kazutora says.

   "I say good riddance," Etsu says. "We don't need someone like her here anyway."

   "Anzai..." Hanma says. "Shiho is one of the most useful people we could possibly have with us. And since she's close with Kazutora and Baji, I'm more than happy to have her here."

   "I say we force her to stay here~" Tao says, walking through the crowd.

   "Ame, you're back," Etsu says.

   "Hey there, Darling~" Tao says.

   "Gross."

   "For once, we agree," Etsu says, glancing at Shiho.

   "Let's get out of here, Micchi," Shiho says. "Fuyu needs to get to a hospital."

   "Just think about it, okay, Shiho?" Kazutora says. Shiho glares at him over her shoulder, but doesn't say anything. She just walks out of the building with a heavy dread in her stomach.