Chapter Thirty-Six

When Shiho wakes up, she's resting against a bike. Her whole body aches dully. She pushes herself upright a little more.

   She turns around and spots Takemichi and Chifuyu. She sighs. Well, this is embarrassing.

   "Shiho~san?" Chifuyu asks.

   "Yeah, yeah, I'm up," she says, turning around. "Embarrassed, but up."

   "What happened?" Takemichi asks.

   "There were almost a hundred fifty of them," Shiho says. "And most of them knew how to fight pretty well. Then their leader showed up after I had exhausted myself. If I wasn't tired, I would have been fine."

   "Shiho~Chan," Takemichi says. "I saw Kisaki."

   Shiho's eyes widen. "Of course. Is he in charge of Tenjiku?"

   "I think so."

   Shiho looks at the ground. What does Kisaki have to gain from going to Tenjiku? Who was in charge before him? They had always operated in Shibuya, so Shiho had never payed them much mind. But they're all at least capable fighters. Hell, they knocked Chifuyu out in one punch, and the fact that they knocked Shiho out at all is a feat.

   Shiho stands up and looks at them. "We'll have to play this by ear for now."

   "Shiho, you're up!"

   Shiho turns at the voice. A smile spreads on her face. "My bad! What are you guys doing?"

   "No, what happened?" Angry asks.

   Shiho sighs. "There were a hundred fifty of them, and then I had to fight Mocchi. They know how to fight better than a majority of Touman."

   "We thought they were dangerous," Smiley says. "But this is worse than we thought."

   "I could take Mocchi on normally," Shiho says. "And I wasn't exactly doing horribly when I fought him exhausted. But that's not important. What are you guys doing?"

   "We just found out where Tenjiku's hideout is," Smiley tells her. "Are you coming with us?"

   "Sure," Shiho says. "If you guys'll give me a ride, anyway. My bike's back at the station."

   "Yeah, let's go," Smiley says. "Chifuyu, Takemicchi, you guys come too."

~*~*~

   Shiho isn't sure what she expected. There are a hell of a lot more of them that she had guessed, and three of them weren't exactly in the best fighting shape right now.

   Plus one of these Heavenly King dudes?

   It almost made Shiho want to leave.

   "So this is their hideout," Smiley says.

   "Or we've played into their hands," Shiho says.

   "They've been waiting," Chifuyu says.

   Takemichi stares dumbfounded at the person in the center, who Shiho can only call the leader. A scar rubs down from the top of his head over his right eye and down to his ear.

   "How many are there?" Takemichi asks.

   "One hundred," the boy in the middle says.

   "Five versus a hundred, huh?" Chifuyu asks.

   "Sounds fun," Shiho comments. Especially since she already did that...

   "Get out, guys," he says. "Five versus a hundred is a little too unfair, you think? I'll take you on myself."