Chapter Fifty-Five

It doesn't take long for Shiho to find Hanma, Chifuyu, and Mitsuya. The Touman members seem frightened to see her. Hanma pays her little mind, which is only going to make this a sweeter revenge. Well, not really revenge.

She just really doesn't like Hanma.

Shiho skids to a stop next to Hanma and twists herself around. His face contorts into shock. Shiho brings her fist up into Hanma's abdomen with as much force as she can possibly generate.

Hanma grunts and flies backwards, almost knocking into several Kantou Manji members.

"Manyuda!" Hanma shouts as he stands up. "What the hell was that?"

Shiho looks back at Chifuyu and Mitsuya, who flinch at her movements. "Takashi~Chan! Fuyu! Are you okay?"

"Shiho...?" Mitsuya asks. "What are you...?"

Shiho laughs. "Your Captain is a pretty great guy, you know? I mean, I love Jirou, but...Micchi helped me remember my promise to Baji. I had...I had been twisting it so I didn't feel sorry about abandoning you guys. We're getting Jirou back, okay? I'm...sorry for how I treated you all before. I hope you can forgive me."

Chifuyu chuckles and puts a hand on Shiho's shoulder. He smiles at her. "Of course!"

"Draken told us a little about why you left. It's okay," Mitsuya says, playfully punching Shiho's shoulder.

"What's this about?" Hanma asks. He sighs and rubs the back of his neck. "Quit acting stupid."

Shiho blinks slowly and looks down at her hand. She told herself that a lot. She told herself to quit acting dumb—she was doing this for them, she can't hesitate. But Takemichi and Etsu were right.

She shouldn't have left. She hurt them more by leaving. And maybe she was hurting Mikey doing this.

Mikey had always encouraged her. Told her that she was doing the right thing. He had stayed by her side through every breakdown over this. And he never had one. Not one that he told her about. She would feel a little hurt if he did have one and didn't ask her to help.

They were supposed to be in a relationship, dammit. Sometimes it felt like Mikey forgot that. He didn't let her help him. Not this time. She won't let him suffer alone this time.

She'll help Takemichi bring him back no matter what happens.

Shiho glares at Hanma, startling him a little. "I'm not being stupid, Hanma," she says. Shiho pulls her jacket off her shoulders, pulls it into a ball, and throws it at Hanma. He catches it, but the belt like attachment on the back whips Hanma's nose. "You can keep that. Not that it'll matter once I kick your ass!"

Hanma sighs and drops the coat, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "How dull."

~*~*~

The twins leave and dart for Mikey as soon as Takemichi gets back. Kakucho wastes no time. He charges straight for Takemichi, releasing a barrage of punches to anywhere he can get a clean hit.

"What the hell did you do?" Kakucho asks.

Takemichi just grits his teeth. He can't spare the energy to talk.

Takemichi reels back to punch Kakucho, but he's faster. He gets Takemichi's nose. Warm blood runs down into his mouth. Takemichi is too focused to spit it out.

"You're too slow!" Kakucho says. Every time Takemichi attempt to hit Kakucho, he's one step faster. Takemichi's too tired to get a hit in!

Well, to be fair, Kakucho was just stronger than he was anyway.