Chapter Two

~*Takemichi's POV*~

Wait, President? That's Sano Manjirou? Akkun called him "Unrivaled Mikey". Then, I found him? Just like that.

"Sano~kun," Red says as he steps forward. "I'm with the Third Division Attack Unit! My name's Akaishi!"

Mikey walks past him without even looking at him. Red looks confused.

"You're in the way," Draken says. "Mikey doesn't talk to guys he ain't interested in."

Red just nods and backs away.

Shiho walks up to Kiyomasa, with Draken on her heels. "Good work," Kiyomasa says, bowing his head slightly. Shiho and Draken look at each other.

As Mikey walks past him, Draken slams his foot into Kiyomasa's stomach. He doubles over and coughs.

"When did you become so important?" Draken asks. "Addressing the president with such a shallow bow?"

"I still think he's too high," Shiho says, her arms locked behind her back. She raises her foot and slams Kiyomasa face first into the concrete. "There. That's better. Scum like you should grovel on the pavement." She adjusts her foot to be on his back and forces him to stay there.

"I—I understand," Kiyomasa forces out.

Mikey walks up to me. He's about my height, a little shorter. His face is inches from mine. He looks up and down. He isn't glaring or anything, but he still looks intimidating.

My legs give and I fall to the ground. His eyes follow my movements.

"What's your name?" Mikey asks.

"I told you it yesterday..." Shiho mutters.

Mikey looks back and smiles. "Oops."

"It's Hanagaki Takemichi," I tell him, bringing his gaze back to me.

"I see, Takemicchi," Mikey says. I look at him confused.

"That's what Mikey said," Draken says. "So that's what's right, Takemicchi."

"What?" I mutter. Mikey kneels down and gets in my face again.

"Are you really a middle schooler?" He asks me. "Takemicchi, from today onward, you're my bitch, okay~?"

"Huh?" I ask.

What the fuck is happening?

Mikey looks at Shiho, who's still pushing Kiyomasa to the ground. She pulls her foot off of him and stands next to Mikey.

"So are you the one that organized this fighting ring?" Mikey asks.

"Y—yes," Kiyomasa says as he stands up. Mikey smiles softly. Before I can even process it, Mikey kicks Kiyomasa's chin.

Mikey grabs Kiyomasa by the hair and brings his face closer. "Who the fuck are you? Huh?" Mummers come from the crowd as Mikey keeps punching Kiyomasa. I can't blame them. Kiyomasa is much stronger than I am.

"Alright, Jirou," Shiho says. "You've scared them enough."

Mikey looks over. "Yeah, you're right. Let's go home, Kenchin, Shishi~Chan." Shiho and Draken nod. "Underground fights are stupid."

"Don't do things that ruin Touman's name," Draken says, glaring at Kiyomasa. Shiho doesn't even look at the boy in a heap, but she does look back at me with a closed eyes smile.

"Try to stay out of fights when we aren't around, 'Kay?" She asks with a laugh.

I nod. That smile was...