Chapter Eleven

Takemichi opens his eyes, and he's at the convenience store he used to work at. His manager is walking away from him. Was she talking to him? Too late now.

   This is the same as before. Was it a dream?

   DVDs clatter to the ground. Takemichi mumbles curses and bends over to pick them up, his eyes landing on a particular scar on his hand.

   Wait. So it wasn't a dream? He did it!

   Takemichi runs out of the store. "Hey! Hanagaki~kun?" His manager asks.

   "I'm taking the day off!"

   "Huh?"

   Takemichi pulls out his phone in a frantic attempt to find Naoto's number. There's not contact under Naoto's name, and he can't remember the number. Takemichi let's out a curse.

   A number he does have, to Takemichi's surprise, is Shiho's.

   And he finds this out because she calls him.

   Takemichi almost drops his phone. Shiho is calling him? What for? Takemichi accepts the call.

   "Yo, Micchi! This is you, right?" She sounds so much more mature. Her voice is a little deeper and gruffer than it was when she was fifteen.

  "Shiho~Chan?" Takemichi asks.

  "Great! I'm glad I could reach you. I can't stay long though. Jirou'll need me."

   "Where is Mikey~kun? Is he alright?"

   "Jirou's fine. I am too. I know this is selfish, but I need a favour."

   "Favour?"

   "Yeah," Shiho says. "Can you...go back again?"

   "Why?"

  "Jirou and I are still in Touman and...it's not the same anymore, Micchi. All of it...is rotten. But Jirou and I can't get out of it. Not when we're this deep into Touman's upper echelon. Micchi, I want—need—you to stop—huh? Oh, yeah, I'm coming! I'm sorry Micchi. I have to go." Takemichi doesn't get another word in before Shiho hangs up.

   "What the hell is going on?" Takemichi shouts, scaring some of those walking by him. Takemichi sighs. Mikey, Shiho, and Draken are still in Touman? Is Hina alive?

   A sound plays from Takemichi's phone, making him direct his attention to the screen. A schedule notification sits there. It reads Beauty Salon, 21:00. Takemichi blinks.

   "Beauty Salon? What the hell is this?" Takemichi mutters. Takemichi walks to the building and looks around. Is this it?

   Someone opens the door, paying little attention to Takemichi. Takemichi can finally see inside, and when he does, his heart swells.

   Akkun stands inside, talking to who is likely the manager of the building.

   "A—Akkun!" Takemichi shouts, startling the man inside the shop.

   "Yo," he says. "What's your problem, Takemichi? Stop yelling like that. Come on in. I'll get to you once I finish cleaning."

   Takemichi replies with a quiet okay. Then the thought hits him. Akkun had done it! He's alive! And a hairstylist!

   But Shiho, Draken, and Mikey...

   Takemichi shakes his head. "Hey, Akkun, did you actually become a hairstylist?" Takemichi asks suddenly.

   "Huh?" Akkun asks, eyes still locked on the table he's wiping down. "I'm still in training. My boss just has me doing menial labour all day! You're here cause I'm starting next month and I wanted a model. So...You'll be my first costumer! Just like we promised!"