Chapter Thirty-One

"Yo, Takashi~Chan!"

"Shiho? Is something wrong?" Mitsuya asks. Shiho laughs at the other end of the line.

"Nah, not with me anyway," she says. "Look, I hate to ask, but are you free on Christmas? I know Mana and Luna will want you home."

Mitsuya clicks his tongue. "It depends what you need. If it's super important, I'm sure they'll understand."

"Okay... I think Micchi will need your help. Kai~kun too."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see when you get there. Look, I need you to go to Udagawa Christian Church before Christmas is over. Micchi should be there."

"Why can't you go?"

"You made your deal. If he breaks his promise, that's your fight. And besides...I can't help Micchi this time. You have to do it for me this time, 'kay?"

~*~*~

"Takemicchi," Mitsuya says. Takemichi snaps from his daze. "Watch Yuzuha for me."

Takemichi nods. "Uh...got it!" Takemichi hooks Yuzuha's arm around his shoulders and wraps an arm around her waist.

   Takemichi swears he hears Mitsuya scoff a laugh as he steps away with Yuzuha.

   Mitsuya watches Takemichi walk with his friend away. "Okay then," he says, turning to face Taiju. "It's you and me, now, motherfucker."

   No one can hide their surprise. "Hah?" Taiju asks. "Are you serious? What about the truce? Don't tell me you're a shit-licker who can't even keep his own damn promises?"

   Mitsuya glares at Taiju. "Shut up. I'm going to tell you two things that are more important than that. One! Never hit your little sister, no matter how badly she misbehaves. You forgive her with a smile. That's what being a big brothers about, asshole! And two...

   "Never doubt Shiho when she asks you to help her!"

   Shiho~Chan?

   Mitsuya charges straight for Taiju, managing to connect his fist to Taiju's jaw. The two keep trading blows, but Taiju hits Mitsuya more. The jaw. Right shoulder.

Mitsuya's keeping up well enough, but the longer they go the more Mitsuya starts to fall behind.

Wait, what was Mitsuya even here for? Did Shiho call him?

"The hell are you staring at, Takemicchi?" someone asks behind him. Takemichi turns around.

"Chifuyu!" Takemichi says. "You're okay? What happened? Why is Mitsuya~kun here?"

"Kisaki and Hanma turned against me. They tied me up nearby. Mitsuya was already on his way here when he found me. Apparently Shiho called him the other day and asked him to come here."

The corners of Takemichi's lips turn upwards. So, Shiho still manages to help him, huh? Well, it's not important. Mitsuya was here, so everything should work out.

"Wait," Takemichi says. "What about the peace agreement? Mitsuya~kun is breaking it!"

"Think about it," Chifuyu says. "We have nothing to do with the peace agreement. Our only goal is to keep the Black Dragons out of Touman. Mitsuya~kun made the peace agreement. I'm sure Mikey will understand if he breaks it himself."

Takemichi thinks for a moment. Chifuyu was right.

A thud from behind him startles Takemichi back into the moment. When Takemichi turns around, he finds Mitsuya on the floor, on one knee.