Chatper Forty-Three

Despite all of Takemichi's best efforts, he can't find out anything about Bonten. It's starting to get frustrating. He's determined to find Mikey and Shiho, but it's a little hard to find out information about Bonten's leaders.

   Takemichi sits in Akkun's hair solan, wondering what he was supposed to do. "It's been over two months, and I don't have any clues."

   "You're always like this, just don't get too stressed, okay?" Akkun says. "The Mizo Middle dudes are looking, but it's hard to find any information about Bonten."

   "I guess it's because Bonten is a ruthless gang..." Takemichi says. "You can tell everyone to stop."

   "Are you giving up?" Akkun asks, snipping a few stands of Takemichi's hair.

   "No," Takemichi says. "No matter how long it takes, I'll definitely find them!"

   Takemichi had been time leaping so long, he had to have learned something—and that was his stubbornness.

   "Oi," Akkun says. "Your phones ringing."

   Takemichi perks and grabs his phone. It's Hakkai calling.

   "Hey, Hakkai," Takemichi says. "What's up?"

   "Hey, Takemicchi!" Hakkai says. "I'm back in Japan. Let's all open the time capsule!"

   Takemichi's eyes widened. He had almost forgot about it.

   Maybe they'll be there.

~*~*~

   "It's that time," Shiho says. She sits down next to Mikey. "Wonder if they're waiting."

   "It doesn't matter."

   "Are you sure about this?" Kakucho asks. Shiho leans back and looks at him.

   "Yeah," Shiho says. "We are."

   "It's better this way," Mikey says.

   "I wonder if Micchi will find the other stuff we put in there," Shiho says. "Knowing him, he will."

   Mikey doesn't say anything. Shiho looks at him sadly. This isn't what Mikey wanted for himself. Or for her. She knows that. But, she's happy where she is.

   Because he's still here with her.

~*~*~

   "What's this?" Takemichi asks. He holds up a tape that was hidden in the bottom of the box. "Did I put it in here?" It doesn't have a name or writing. He has to find a place to watch it.

He walks to a T.V store and asks the worker behind the counter. "Oh, yeah, you can still watch it. Just put it in that T.V over there."

Takemichi follows the man's gaze. A small CRT T.V rests on a shelf. Takemichi hadn't seen one of these in years—well, before he had time leaped, anyway.

Takemichi wonders who it's from. He wouldn't doubt if someone put a porn clip on it to watch.

The screen is static for a moment, and then the video plays.

~*~*~

"You better hit this one, okay?" Shinichiro asks.

"He can hit it, Shin~nii~Chan!" Shiho snaps.

Shinichiro sticks his tongue out at her. "Now, my little brother will kick the lid off this bottle with a high kick!"