Chapter Fifty

Shiho pins South to the ground. She doesn't stop punching until the animal's teeth finally let go of her. The rain isn't washing the blood off her face, hair, arms, or clothes. It's stained her now. Just like Draken's. Just like she deserves.

   Shiho stands and takes a deep breath. She turns to Mikey. "Your turn. Do what you want."

   Takemichi sprints and kneels next to South. He checks for a pulse. There is none. Shiho knows that. South isn't responding to anything. "He's not breathing!" Takemichi snaps. "He's...!"

   "Are you fucking kidding me, Shiho, Mikey?" Kokonoi asks behind them. Everyone stares at the centre of the ring in horror. No one else can manage to say anything. Shiho can't say it feels good. But...it's not the worst feeling ever. She can bear it. "Listen up! Senju lost to South, and South has lost to Shiho! This is Kantou Manji's victory. This concludes the battle. Everyone is dismissed! Clear everything out! Kantou Manji too! Retreat! Now!"

   "Are you even human, Shiho?" Takeomi calls from his spot in the ground. "There was no reason to go that far!" Shiho looks at him then at Mikey. She supposes it might seem weird for someone who doesn't understand.

   "Oi," Mikey says. "Shut your damn mouth." Mikey kicks Takeomi in the jaw. "Maybe you should die too."

   It's nothing they haven't done before.

   "Stop it, Mikey~kun! Shiho~Chan!" Takemichi cries. He steps in between Mikey and Takeomi. "Shiho~Chan! Is this what you want for Mikey~kun? Don't you want him to have a better life than this? What do you mea—"

   "I'm sorry, Takemichi," Shiho says. Takemichi's eyes widen at his full name. "There's...nothing left of us now. You shouldn't have come back."

   "No! That's wrong!" Takemichi says. "I've seen—"

   "What you saw can't exist anymore!" Shiho snaps. "It just can't anymore."

   Mikey punches Takemichi in the face and looks back at Shiho. "You okay?"

   "Yeah. I don't feel anything towards him anymore. Continue."

   "Oi! Mikey! Shiho! That's enough!" Kokonoi says. "We're leaving!"

   Neither of them say anything. Shiho watches Mikey walk towards their old friend. He's muttering on the ground. Mikey stops about a pace in front of him.

   "How do you want to die?"

~*~*~

   How did this happen...? Mikey used to joke about this all the time. Shiho would stand there laughing.

   Neither of them are laughing now.

   Mikey isn't laughing as he slowly crushes every centimetre of Takemichi's face. As his face get so full of blood he can hardly see. Shiho isn't laughing as she turns her back to then and grabs her and Mikey's coats.

   They really aren't laughing. They really aren't the same anymore.

   Takemichi can hear Senju's cries in the distance.

   The last thing Takemichi sees is Shiho walking toward her bike as he loses consciousness.

~*~*~

   Shiho isn't sure what to do with this newfound emptyness. She hadn't wanted this. When she asked Takemichi to come back, she should have known he would have. She should have known this would happen.

   But now...

   She didn't want anything.

   She doesn't want Draken back. She doesn't care that he's gone. She doesn't want Takemichi to wake up from what Mikey put him through. Fuck, she didn't care what happened to him anyway. She'd have killed him herself had Mikey told her to.