Chapter Twenty

Shiho stomps dozens of the boys coming up there, but still they charge past her. There's too many of them over a large area. Shiho grits her teeth. At this rate they'd make it up there before she could. She could beat thirty guys no problem, but this many...

She just can't be everywhere.

As some of the Valhalla members make it to the top, they get knocked over. Shiho looks up to find Kisaki standing there triumphantly.

"Tokyo Manji Gang Third Division Captain, Kisaki Tetta. My division will guard the gang's leader," he says. Shiho walks up there, glancing at a horrified Takemichi.

If Kisaki is what Takemichi says he is, she can't act cold towards him. He'll only try harder to get rid of her. She looks at Kisaki with a stoic expression. It feels dirty to say her next words, but she has to.

"Good job, Kisaki. I'll be up here, so you can send your friend down. The two of us will do," Shiho says. Kisaki looks at her blankly. He goes to object, but Shiho it's him off. "That's an order, not a request."

Kisaki frowns deeply, but waves his friend off. Shiho can hear praises in her and Kisaki's name. She clicks her tongue. She hates this shit. She doesn't need praise and neither does the prick next to her.

Shiho walks over to Mikey and kneels next to him. She grabs the side of his face. He's definitely unconscious. She presses her fingers to his neck to find a pulse, and she quickly finds one. She sighs.

"He's fine, probably got a wicked concussion, though," Shiho tells Kisaki. She stands and faces Kisaki, attempting to study his expression, his body language. She can't find anything that reveals his plan. Not that she really expected that, if he's so smart.

"Did you think he'd die?"

"Of course not. It's Jirou."

Kisaki scoffs at the nickname. That, or he just breathed a laugh as Shiho's answer. She can guess what he think of her, though, so she assumes it's the former. Shiho doesn't comment, but she does give him a sideways glance.

Shiho sees Baji out of the corner of her eye with a pipe. He jabs his head back. She follows his order. No way is she gonna stop him from hitting Kisaki. He runs out and readies his pipe for a swing.

"I've been waiting for this, Kisaki!" Baji snaps. The pipe hits Kisaki and send the shorter boy flying down the pile of cars. "You okay, Yuda?"

She laughs quietly. "Fuyu was right, huh?"

"Of course."

"Good to have you back, Kei~Chan."

"Yeah, yeah, shut your trap."

Several Touman members snap at Baji for hitting Kisaki. Shiho turns away from them. "Look," she mutters, "I won't stop you. Just yell for me when you need help. I've heard all about this fucker from Micchi."

Baji chuckles. "As if I'd need your help, Yuda." He looks back out at Kisaki. "Kisaki! I'm gonna rearrange your fuckin' face!"

One of Kisaki's friends who Shiho thought had left grabs Baji and throws him. Shiho resists the urge to follow him. What would Touman do if she did?

Takemichi calls out Baji's name. She's so focused on Baji she doesn't hear Kisaki's order to kill him.

Baji starts to stand, but before Baji can actually do anything, Chifuyu stands in the way.

"Chifuyu...!" Baji says. "The fuck are you doing? Get out of my way, Chifuyu!"

"Fuyu...?" Shiho mutters. Shiho hears scuttling from behind her, and she tears her eyes from the scene in front of her. She can barely hear their conversation.