Chapter Five

What was she supposed to do?

How was she supposed to get out of this?

All she did was start walking home, why did high schoolers have to come today? Why did they even like her so much? She was only a first year in junior high. They were six years older than her. Surely they could've bothered someone else.

Where was Mikey? Why wasn't he here yet? She should've waited like he told her to.

But she could fight. She's damn good at it, too. How did this even happen? She knew how. She did. Six high school guys against just her. She didn't want to admit it.

She was scared she'd be weaker, so she just didn't fight.

There was nothing she could do now, anyway. Too late to be worrying about it now.

Not when they were arguing about who got first go.

She couldn't even muster the will to call for help. Mikey was nearby, right?

He would save her?

It felt like forever as they had their way with her. It felt like a long time, but she doubted that even half of them had gone through what they wanted before something stopped them.

"Let her go!"

Mikey?

"Help her, Kenchin."

"Yeah."

Draken covered her as well as he could with what he had and Mikey beat the shit out of the high schoolers behind them. She wanted to look. So horribly bad. But Draken didn't let her.

"It's okay. Leave it to Mikey."

She couldn't stop herself from crying now. She didn't have any energy left.

"I—I'm sorry," she cried. "I—I was t—too scared! They—they're so much bigger th—than me!"

"Hey, it's alright," Mikey says from behind her. She turns around and wraps her arms around his shoulders. He seems surprised, but pats her back gently. "You scared me..."

"You could've taken those guys easily," Draken says, watching her as she pulls away from Mikey. "You just need confidence."

"Confidence?" She asks. Admittedly, she was a little timid. She never approached someone bigger than her without one of these two by her side. Never fought without back up with her. Hell, she could hardly talk to her classmates. "How—how can I get that?"

Mikey smiles widely. "We'll help you! After all, you can't be a vice-president of Touman without confidence."

She wipes her tears and looks at them both. "Okay!" Their smiles, though she's still crying, do help her feel better.

Maybe it would be okay after all.

~*~*~

Shiho wakes with a start. Even though her body feels like it's burning from the inside out, small beads of sweat line her forehead. Were there tears too? She can't tell.

Shiho didn't have these too horribly often. Well, she had nightmares enough that Mikey knew how to handle them. They were almost always about things that didn't happen, but there were times she had nightmares about...

She heaves a sigh and looks at the clock. It's two in the morning. Shiho looks over at Mikey, who's peacefully asleep in his bed.

Shiho smiles despite herself.