Chapter Nine

Shiho kicks several of the nearby Moebius members. "Come at me, you pussies!" Shiho shouts. A couple charge at her, swinging their fists. Shiho leans back, his fist flying over her head. She leans back farther and places her hands, kicking her foot up. It connects with his chin and send him backwards.

Someone aims for Shiho's body, but she allows her body to collapse to the ground, narrowly avoiding the foot.

"What the hell is she doing?" Someone around her asks. Shiho just smiles. She loves hearing people ask that. Shiho when fighting makes use of a lot of her flexibility. She honestly just moves on pure instinct with little technique.

"Peh!" Mikey's voice shouts from somewhere near Shiho. Peh~yan's getting what's coming to him.

Shiho looks around, and her eyes widen. "Fuck!" She shouts. She shoves her way through all the fighting to Draken, who's fighting Kiyomasa. He has a knife. It looks like they haven't actually started fighting yet.

Kiyomasa moves to stab Draken, who at this point seems so exhausted standing is near impossible. Shiho grabs Kiyomasa's arm, surprising both of the boys. Shiho manages to redirect it, but he got too close before she could get there. It's a shallow cut, but it's long. Shiho grimaces. "I'm sorry, Ken~Chan!"

"It's fine," he mutters, wincing at the wound.

"Act like you're unconscious," Shiho says loud enough that only he can here. "Trust me!"

Draken looks confused, but does as she says. He collapses to the ground, looking almost thankful that he doesn't have to stand any longer. Shiho pulls Kiyomasa's head to her knee, his body crumbling to the concrete in a heap.

Shiho turns around and looks at Draken. It does seem like he's unconscious. It almost worries her. Shiho turn around. "Jirou! Micchi! Ken~Chan needs—"

Shiho almost doesn't register the burn in her stomach until she looks down. Tao is low to the ground, likely so Shiho wouldn't notice, smiling up at her, hands wrapped around the handle of the blade pressed deep into Shiho's abdomen.

Shiho's breath hitches as she looks up, Mikey and Takemichi watching her with wide eyes. The pain on Mikey's face looking over at her and Draken shatters something inside her.

"It's a shame it had to turn out this way," Tao says. He pulls the knife out of Shiho's stomach and stares at it. "Goodbye, Darling~"

Shiho falls to the ground, gripping her stomach where Tao stabbed her. It hurts. It burns so much.

"Shiho~Chan!" Takemichi shouts. She almost doesn't hear him. Is he far away? "Shiho~Chan! Are you alright?"

"What do you think, fucker?" Shiho says.

"Mikey~kun told me to get you and Draken out of here!"

"He's fine," Shiho says, the words coming out more as a breath than words. "Wake him up and start walking away."

Takemichi sighs and starts to get Shiho on her back. She doesn't protest. Not because she doesn't want to, because she doesn't have the energy. Takemichi falters for a moment. Shiho doesn't know what exactly he says, but Draken gets up. He leans against Takemichi's shoulder and the three of them hobble away.

They make it to an alleyway. It's so quiet.

"My shirts so warm..." Takemichi mutters.

"I'm sorry..." Shiho says. "I should've been more careful..."

"Shiho, shut the hell up," Draken says. "You saved me."

"You guys...I'm cold," Shiho whispers, her head falling against Takemichi's shoulder.