Chapter Fifty-One

"How are we supposed to tell him?"

"I don't know, you're the leader! You do it!"

"I'm not telling him."

"Well neither am I!"

"Takemicchi? Hakkai?" Chifuyu asks, startling them both. "What's all the whispering about?"

Takemichi and Hakkai look at each other. "W—what whispering?" Takemichi asks.

"It's, um...it's nothing..."

"Hakkai, come on man, you've gotta tell him," Takemichi whispers. "'Your sense of style sucks, and you're fired!' We agree!"

"Shut up, you idiot! He'll hear us!"

"I thought of something, when I saw Mitsuya up on that stage the other day," Chifuyu says, pulling Takemichi and Hakkai from their argument. "Let's go see him. I have to ask him something."

"Oh...sure," Takemichi says. "I'll grab Inupi~kun. You guys start ahead."

Takemichi finds Inui working on a bike and asks him to come with. Inui doesn't object and follows him over to Mitsuya's place. When they get there, Hakkai and Chifuyu are waiting outside with Mitsuya. He looks much healthier than he did a week ago. Takemichi had been so caught up with what happened on stage that he hadn't even recognised the fact that Mitsuya's skin was no longer as sickly looking. Takemichi and Inui stand next to Hakkai, who's a step behind Chifuyu.

"What's up, Chifuyu? Why are you being so formal?" Mitsuya asks.

"Mitsuya~san...would you take over my role on this team?" Chifuyu asks him.

Mitsuya cocks his head, a few stands of his hair falling over his face as he does. "What do you mean?"

"There's no way I can be as good of an advisor as you are. You'd do it better than me, Mitsuya~kun," Chifuyu says.

   Hakkai and Takemichi sigh Chifuyu's name. They won't have to tell him now!

   "Okay!" Mitsuya says, a smile on his face. "I accept your offer! I'll have to redesign the uniform and logo..." Mitsuya cups his chin in thought. "Maybe even change the teams name..." The last part was muttered under his breath.

Chifuyu stiffens a bit.

Takemichi and Hakkai gush Mitsuya's name quietly behind him.

"Ah, wait," Chifuyu says. "But I...worked hard on those..."

"What? We're facing Kantou Manji, right? We gotta get serious!" Mitsuya says.

"We have been!" Chifuyu snaps.

"Well said, Mitsuya~kun!" Takemichi says.

"Thank you, Taka~Chan!" Hakkai says.

"Oh, Takemicchi," Mitsuya says. "Peh~yan and Pah~chin said they'd join us. Look forward to it!"

Takemichi's lips turn upwards at the thought. Takemichi hadn't really considered asking Peh~yan or Pah. They were doing their own thing already, so he just hadn't really thought about it.

"And I talked to the Kawata brothers too," Inui says. "Smiley was pretty upset he didn't get talked to first."

Takemichi laughs. That sounds like Smiley.

"So then the nine of us are the founding members of Takemicchi's team!" Hakkai says.

"We're counting on you, Captain!" Mitsuya says. He holds his fist up at Takemichi.