Chapter Forty-Seven

Takemichi sits in his room later, in a stunned silence. Senju had seemed so different when he had seen her outside of Brahman. It was hard to believe she had such a charming side.

   Mikey~kun and Shiho~Chan did too, though.

   Of course, his thought was right. But he ignored it anyway.

   Thunk!

   Takemichi perks at the noise. What was that?

   Thunk!

   Takemichi looks over at his window. Someone must have been throwing pebbles at it. Takemichi stands quickly, hoping to avoid another rock on his window, and walks over. Senju stands in the street below him, a few rocks in her hand and a bright smile on her face.

   "Hey!" She calls.

   "Senju?" Takemichi asks.

   She smiles a little wider. "Let's go on a date!"

   Takemichi's expression flattens. A...what now? He guesses he can't just say no. She's kind of his boss now. Well, he may as well get ready.

   He guesses he's got a date to go on.

~*~*~

   "You want me to do what?" Shiho asks. She pushes herself up and stands in front of Mikey, who's still on the ground looking at the stars. "No, no! What about—?"

   "Shiho," Mikey says. "I know you don't want to do this." Mikey stands up and cups her face gently. "I don't want it to be done either."

   "What good will killing her do?" Shiho asks. She places her hand on top of Mikey's. "I need to know there's a good reason for this."

   Mikey looks at her grimly. "They're trying to ruin the future we made for everyone else. I can't let that happen. I know you won't either."

   Shiho bites her lip. She can almost feel blood being drawn. She...she can't do this.

   What if they get hurt in the cross fire?

~*~*~

   "I was expecting a serious talk," Takemichi tells Senju. "But I guess you really just wanted to go to an amusement park."

   "Yup! I've wanted to come here for a while," Senju says. Her eyes sparkle at the colourful lights. "It's so sparkly! I haven't been here since the sixth grade!"

"Didn't we buy a whole bunch of clothes the other day? Why are you wearing your Brahman uniform?" Takemichi asks.

"This uniform is much more comfortable!" Senju says. Takemichi just smiles at her. Senju grabs his wrist and drags Takemichi along through the park. Takemichi is surprised at how much Senju marvels at. It really is like she's a little kid sometimes.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel!" Senju says.

Now, Takemichi doesn't hate these attractions. But he doesn't see them as anything super enjoyable, either. Takemichi doubts Senju will change her mind though. "Alright. Let's go."

The line itself isn't that long, and it doesn't feel super long with Senju's motormouth. It's actually...kind of cute.

As they reach the top of the wheel, Senju presses her face and palms against the glass. "Woah! We're so high up! Look, Hanagaki!"

"You sure are excited," Takemichi says flatly.

"I haven't been to one of these in a long time. I've been so busy with Brahman I don't have as much time to hang out with people or go places," Senju explains.