Chapter Twelve

"I need to talk to you, Shiho~Chan," Takemichi says, doubled over to catch his breath.

"Uh...yeah, sure," she says, raising an eyebrow, "but you three were supposed to go to an Onsen, right?"

"We'll be fine," Draken says. "This looks like it's important."

"Takemicchi can catch up with us," Mikey says with a smile.

Shiho smiles at him. "Alright then! I'll get him back to ya quickly!" She turns and follows Takemichi, Draken and Mikey staring at her back.

~*~*~

Mikey's face heats after she turns away. She's so damn cute! Does she even notice?

Draken leans down with a smirk. "Something wrong, Mikey~?"

"Shut up, Kenchin."

Mikey turns away with a pout as Draken laughs, embarrassment adding to the heat on his face.

Shiho's going to be the death of him!

~*~*~

As soon as Takemichi and Shiho are out of ear shot of others, Takemichi tells Shiho everything. Shiho listens to him with a saddened expression on her face.

"I'm so sorry, Micchi..." she says, rubbing her arms. "I wish I could've helped somehow."

"No, no! It's alright," Takemichi says. "I just needed to tell you about my new goal. I'll need all the help I can get, after all..."

"Shoot," she says. "I'm happy to help as much as I can."

"I need to become the top guy in Touman."

Shiho freezes. She slaps a hand over her mouth and forced herself to hold in her laugh. "Huh?"

"What...?" Takemichi asks.

"Well, I will help you, but..." Shiho says. "Becoming the top guy would be near impossible."

"What? Why?" Takemichi asks.

"Think about who you're up against," Shiho says, pressing her back against the wall and leaning against it. "Ken~Chan, Jirou, me—hell, even Takashi~Chan and Kei~Chan. Every one of us have enough fighting power and charisma—I mean, shit, even Kei~chan's got more charisma than you do, and he's a dumbass."

Takemichi looks at the ground. Shiho looks at him and sighs. "Look, Micchi. All I'm trying to say is you have a long road ahead of you. And I don't think I could even get you to be the top guy. But—"

"But?"

"I might be able to let you be a division captain."

"Really?"

"It's possible. If Peh~yan and Jirou'll accept it, you can be. But they pretty much have one picked, so I don't think it'll work...but it doesn't hurt to try."

Shiho gets startled by the body that crashes into her for a hug. "Thank you, Shiho~Chan!"

"It's nothing, Micchi..." she says, slightly flustered. Not by the fact that it's Takemichi, just...affection. You'd think she'd be used to this since Mikey hangs on her everyday.

She's, rather unfortunately, not.

"You should get back to Jirou and Ken~Chan," Shiho says, pushing him off. "They'll be waiting for you."

"Oh! Yeah! Goodbye, Shiho~Chan!" Takemichi shouts and runs toward the Onsen.

Shiho stares at his back as he leaves. She truely was hoping she didn't see Takemichi again. Not out of malice. Takemichi being here means...nothing's right in the future yet.