Chapter Seventeen

Takemichi walks into the prison with Naoto at his heels. He has to find out what happens during the battle. He has to ask Draken.

"Thanks for putting up with my requests," Takemichi says, smiling at Hina's younger brother.

"I'm used to it," Naoto says. "Happens all the time." Takemichi raises a brow—how could shit like this be normal?—but doesn't say anything else. "What are you going to ask him this time?"

Takemichi doesn't say anything as the walk into the visitation room. The door opens on the other side as Takemichi makes it to the chair.

"You're here again, Takemicchi?" Draken asks.

"Sorry to keep bothering you, Draken~kun."

"I thought I told you to get out of Tokyo."

"I just wanna ask about something. Do you remember that one biker gang from 2005? The one without a leader—Valhalla? Was the leader Kisaki Tetta?"

"No, he wasn't. The Angel's head was Mikey."

"Huh?"

"Valhalla was created for Mikey to lead, with Shiho at his side."

"But—but that's impossible!" Takemichi slams his palms on the table and looks at Draken's cold eyes through the glass. Valhalla was made for Mikey and Shiho? But, Shiho was never noted as a leader of the gang by Naoto.

Takemichi trusts Draken's opinion on this. He was technically still a member of Touman.

"Mikey~kun is Touman's leader, right?" Takemichi asks.

"You remember, don't you?" Draken asks. "What do you mean impossible?

"Twelve years ago, on the Bloody Halloween, Valhalla took over Touman," Draken explains. "Valhalla, as the parent organization, created a new Touman. That's the one that exists now."

"Wait... Isn't that... Could that have been the day of Touman and Valhalla's big battle?"

"Yes," Draken replies simply. "That day, Touman suffered its first loss."

"But...! But how could you have lost with 'The Invincible Mikey' on your side? And what about Shiho~Chan? There's no way she's let that happen!"

"No. Mikey and Shiho were the reason we lost."

"Mikey~kun...and Shiho~chan's...fault?"

"Why didn't I realise...?" Draken looks down solemnly. "Those two...they were just kids with enormous crosses to bear."

Takemichi stares at Draken. He can almost hear the shouts of the crowd from that day. He swears he can hear pleads of Mikey's name. Girls screaming, and the cries of Shiho's name. His breath hitches in his throat.

The images are suffocating.

"That day, Mikey killed Kazutora, and Shiho killed Tao...and she almost killed Hanma."

"What...?" Takemichi asks. No! They wouldn't...neither of them would do that! Shiho has enough of a head on her shoulders to keep calm enough to stop Mikey, but she...let him kill Kazutora? There's no way. Shiho almost—for a brief moment—considered leaving Touman for him. So why?

"Neither of them got arrested. Kisaki had decoys prepared," Draken says. "But they fell into darkness. Valhalla took over. With Mikey and Shiho as the leaders, and Kisaki as the acting leader, as the head, they grew into a huge organisation. Thinking back on it, Kisaki probably had his sights set on Mikey in the beginning, and he followed Shiho because of Mikey."