Chapter Forty-Two

Takemichi blinks and looks into the mirror. He definitely made it back to the future. He looks down at his clothes. Why is he in a suit?

Wait...does that mean...?

Takemichi walks out into the hallway. Where even is he? A bell sounds deeply from outside the building.

   Takemichi raises a brow. Wait, is this...?

   Takemichi eagerly looks around.

   "You're late!" Takemichi stiffens at the voice. That's Hina! Takemichi looks at the voices origin. Hina's wearing a very pretty sleeveless sun dress. The tail of the dress pleats neatly. It's a light pink colour that suit's Hina's personality well. The tail is a slightly darker pink. Her hair is pulled back into a braid, two pieces of hair pulled out on either side. "The wedding reception has started!"

   "Hina..." The word escapes his lips quietly. Hina may not have even heard it. He really made it. Does this mean he's marrying her?

   "Come on!" Hina grabs his arm. "We can't keep the groom waiting any longer!"

  "The...what?" He asks.

   "Today is Hayashida~kun's wedding!" Hina says. "God, how many times do I have to tell you? Come on, be quick!"

   So...he's not marrying her? Who is she even talking about? Is this someone he met later in life that he doesn't know yet?

   They walks into the main room, and Takemichi is surprised to say the least. Pah's getting married? What?

   "You're late, Takemicchi," someone with long dark hair and a dragon tattoo on the side of his head says.

   "Hurry, grab a seat!" Someone with short black hair says.

   Takemichi stares at the room. As Pah struggles to speak, the people become clear to him. He's so shocked he can hardly focus on what's going on.

   The man with the long black hair is Draken. Peh~yan has darker hair than he did before, but he otherwise looks the same. Mitsuya's hair is a little longer, and some of it is dyed darker. Angry and Smikey look pretty much the same. Hakkai has lightly dyed hair. Inui grew his hair out long. And Kazutora looks almost exactly like he did in he last future Takemichi met him in, just a little more dyed blond at the sides.

   Takemichi stares at them all. They're alive. And laughing. And talking to each other. They're all here.

   Hina looks back at Takemichi. "What's wrong?" 

   A tear slips down Takemichi's face, a kind smile painting his lip. "I just can't believe it..."

   He can't believe it. After all he's been through. He's finally here. He had almost never believed it was possible.

"I knew it, Takemichi~kun," Hina says, chuckling to herself. "You just came back from twelve years ago, right?"

Takemichi stares at her. Hina places her hand on top of Takemichi's as they sit down. "It's amazing, think about you from back then. I'm the same age as you are now! I've always waited for today to come. Welcome back, Takemichi~kun."

Takemichi can't stop tears from falling down his face. "This...this has to be a dream."

"Want to to pinch your cheeks?" Hina giggles. She makes a gesture with her hands as if to signal going through with her jest. "Besides, I'm not the only one who's been waiting!"

"She's right," Chifuyu says. "We're putting on smiles. We've been waiting twelve years too. What are you breaking down for?"

Draken scoffs. "This is all crazy talk. But, we're all alive today thanks to you."