Chapter Fifty-Eight

"Did y'all have fun, Manjirou, Shiho?"

Shiho clings to Wakasa's waist a little ways behind Shinichiro and Mikey. They had just finish the first generation's last meeting. Shinichiro intended to bring Mikey only, but Shiho insisted she come along too. Etsu and Hide were both busy, so she didn't have anything else to do. Mikey practically begged Shinichiro to let her come along.

"Yeah!" Mikey shouts.

"That was so cool!" Shiho says.

"Did you really have to bring your little bro and his friend to the gathering today?" Takeomi asks. "I mean, it was the last one."

"I mean, I'm like Manjirou's father figure! And he almost started crying when I tried to tell him no."

"Hey! I did not!"

"Yeah, you did!" Shiho shouts back.

"Shiho!"

She sticks her tongue out at him.

"Hey, stop fighting!" Shinichiro says. "Besides, they need to learn from their peers, right?"

"Yup!" Mikey says.

"Are you dumb? What kind of parent takes their kid and his friend on gang rides and let's them sit in on gang meetings?" Takeomi snaps.

"You are pretty dumb, Shinichiro," Benkei laughs.

"That's Shin~Chan, alright," Wakasa says.

Shiho hits Wakasa's back. "Don't insult Shin~nii~Chan like that!"

"Sorry, sorry," Wakasa chuckles. "Were you excited to see the meeting?" He's just making conversation, but Shiho appreciates it while she's hanging onto his jacket for dear life.

"Mhm! You guys looked really cool!" Shiho says.

"What, we don't look cool already?"

"You do, but you looked even cooler than normal!"

"Oi! Shin~Chan! Shiho thinks we're cool!"

"Waka! Why'd you tell him? He'll never let me live it down now!"

Shinichiro laughs ahead of them. "Aw~" he says. "Shiho admitted we're cool! I knew you liked us!"

Mikey roars with laughter.

"Be quiet, Mikey! You think they're cool too! He's told me!"

"Shiho!"

~*~*~

Everything had been going smoothly for a little while. Mikey and Shiho had enjoyed seeing the Black Dragon's last meeting more than Shinichiro had expected. He knew Mikey would be happy, but he hadn't expected Shiho to care so much.

On the way back to his house a few days later, he stops by a small toy shop. He find this really nice model plane. Mikey had expressed his interest in something like this a while ago. Since he was getting Mikey something, he found Emma a nice teddy bear plushy. He wasn't sure if Shiho would be there, so he grabbed a small toy train for her. He swears he heard her say she thought they were cool, but who knows?

Everyone loved their gifts, which relieved Shinichiro. He's lucky he grabbed something for Shiho too. She and Emma have been hanging out some without Mikey, it looked like.

~*~*~

Shiho isn't sure how all of this happened. She, Baji, and Sanzu had just wanted to play with the model plane. But then Mikey had tripped and...and...