Chapter Fouteen

Kazutora looks a lot different than he used to. He has much longer hair, some strands of it bleached blond, some still black. It's a lot messier than it used to be, Shiho can't help but think he makes it that way on purpose. He's taller too. Kazutora used to be shorter than she is, but now he's at least a few centimetres taller than her. His eyes are still the same sandy brown colour though. It's nice that not everything has changed. He turns around at Shiho's nickname for him with wide eyes, and, to Shiho's surprise, he smiles.

   "Shiho! I missed you!" He says. "Anzai, do you know Shiho?"

   When Etsu turns around, Shiho's blood runs cold. Etsu's hair is much shorter than it used to be. Instead of reaching the small of her back, it's now kept in a chin length bob. Her hair is wavy now, and Shiho can't tell if it's natural. Her hair, when it was long, was stick straight, just because of how thick and heavy it was. She has a small scar on her upper lip, but it probably would be hard to notice the thin line in the wrong lighting. Her hazel eyes look the exact same—always thoughtful and cautious. She has more muscle now than she used to. She's still shorter than Shiho is.

   It's hard to believe that Etsu is apart of a gang by looking at her. She wears her uniform properly. Most delinquent's, like those in Touman and Kazutora, wear something on their uniform differently than others would.

   "Yeah. I know her." Her voice is smooth and isn't too deep. Shiho's always thought her voice was pretty, and it still is, just more mature now.

   "Tora~kun, Zai, what're you doing here?" Shiho demands.

   "Stop calling me that," Etsu replies. "You don't have the right to anymore, Manyuda."

   It stings to be called Manyuda by her. More than Shiho expected it to.

   "We were here to pick up Takemichi," Kazutora says.

   "Kazutora~san," Etsu says. "Hanma is waiting for us. We should hurry."

   Kazutora nods then looks at Shiho. "Shiho! You should come with us." Kazutora smiles, but it's not as kind as it was earlier. "It would be great if Touman's Vice President was there with us."

   Takemichi looks around Etsu at Shiho pleadingly. Shiho can only imagine how scared he is. Shiho glares at Kazutora and Etsu. "I'll go, but only because I don't trust you not to hurt Micchi."

   "You're friends with this wimp?" Etsu asks.

   "Shut up."

   "Oh?"

   "Anzai," Kazutora says. "We aren't here to fight. You know that."

   Etsu sighs. "Yeah yeah. I'll get my chance to later."

   Shiho ignores Etsu statement. "Let's get this over with."

   "Fine," Etsu says. "Come on, Hanagaki, Manyuda."

   Takemichi and Shiho walk behind them both. "Shiho~Chan!" Takemichi says. "I was so scared!"

   "What happened?" Shiho asks.

   Takemichi quickly explains what happened, though it's so frantic it's hard to understand. Two boys on crutches walk behind them. Did Kazutora expect them to run away? Not like two weak asses on crutches could stop her.

   Though, she's not really supposed to be here, so that might be part of it.

   And so, Shiho and Takemichi walk behind the two who are well known as Valhalla's number threes to their hide out.

   "Hey, Shiho," Kazutora says.

   Shiho hums.

   "Why are you still with Touman?"