Chapter Forty

"Members of Touman and Tenjiku!" Mikey says. "Our dispute ends here! An ambulance and the cops will arrive shortly. Before anyone gets in trouble, get out of here! I'll be the only one who stays."

   "No, Jirou!" Shiho says. "I'm not letting you do something like that."

   "She's right, Mikey," Mucho says. "Get out of here, we'll stay."

   "You guys..." Mikey says. Shiho thanks them quietly as they walk toward their leaders. Mikey turns his gaze to a trembling Kisaki. "I'll never forgive you, Kisaki."

   "Kisaki!" Hanma speeds past them and picks up Kisaki. Shiho let's go of Mikey's hand.

   Like hell is he getting away!

   "Micchi!" Shiho snaps. Draken motions Takemichi over.

   "We'll chase them!" Draken says.

   Shiho goes ahead of them and chases the bike. Draken and Takemichi slowly catch up.

   Shiho can't tell what's happening, but as they pull into an intersection, the bike falls to it's side.

   It's not hard to catch them after that. Shiho parks her bike and hops of. She kneels down in front of Kisaki when she reaches him, Takemichi standing behind her.

   "I finally caught up to you, Kisaki!" Takemichi says.

   Kisaki turns and runs away. Takemichi stumbles—it looks like his foot is shot. Shiho turns and sprints after him.

   "Get back here, bastard!" Shiho snaps. Kisaki clicks his tongue. Shiho slowly manages to gain on Kisaki.

   "Draken! Behind you!" Shiho hears from behind her. Shiho doesn't have the luxury of looking behind her.

   Shiho turns a corner, Takemichi at her heels. Shiho goes to follow him, but Kisaki smashes a cinder block against her temple.

   Shiho shoves Takemichi toward Kisaki, allowing Takemichi a clear shot of Kisaki's jaw. The two trade blows for a moment. It's like watching a cat fight. Neither of them are particularly strong. Shiho sits up and looks at them. Takemichi glances back at her, but she just nods.

   Takemichi glances around the lot they stand in. Shiho isn't sure why though.

   "Don't space out, dumbass!" Kisaki says, his fist connecting to his jaw.

   "Shut the fuck up, asshole!" Takemichi snaps. Takemichi shoves Kisaki to the ground. "Just give up already! You lost, Kisaki! You're so weak that you have to manipulate people! Moebius! Valhalla! Tenjiku! You can't do anything by yourself!"

   Kisaki shoves Takemichi off him. "Are you dumb? You don't have to use brute force to get what you want!" Kisaki headbutts Takemichi, who reels backwards from the force. "The key to get want you want is a perfectly crafted plan!"

   "A perfect plan, just to utterly crush me?" Takemichi snaps.

   Takemichi dives at Kisaki and attempts to punch him, but Kisaki rolls them over. They struggle for a moment, but Kisaki end up on top.

   "I'm supposed to be the dark hero," Kisaki says. "My first plan was to kill Draken and Manyuda and take the second spot in Touman, pulling strings from the back. The second plan was to use the Headless Angel to destroy Touman and put Mikey on top. The third was to make Tenjiku destroy Touman. I wanted to make Mikey my puppet and rule the underworld! Everything started perfectly! There was no way I could lose! Except if someone else..."

   Shiho runs over and punches Kisaki in the jaw.

   "Shiho~Chan!"

   Shiho grips her shoulder. "Fuck! That hurts!" She looks at Takemichi. "You have to kick his ass, Micchi. Or I'll do it first."