Chapter Seven

Takemichi's gaze shoots to the door. Draken and Shiho stand there. Shiho smiles a bit at Takemichi. Why was she here? Not that Takemichi is upset, at all, it's just...weren't she, Draken, and Mikey supposed to be fighting?

"Draken~kun!" Takemichi says. "Shiho~Chan!"

"Yo, Micchi!" Shiho says. His friends stare at his back. Whether it was because of Shiho's nickname, or the fact that she even gave him the time of day, he'll never know. But their stares almost light him on fire.

"We came here to check up on you," Draken says, a small smile painting his features.

"Man, it's hot as fuck in here," Shiho says.

"Probably because you're the only chick," Draken replies, earning a small glare and playful slap from Shiho. Draken looks around at Takemichi and his friends, most of whom stiffen at Draken's gaze. "Why're you all standing?"

"They're scared of you, dipshit," Shiho says, making Draken look surprised. "Don't worry. We brought a watermelon, too, so how about y'all sit down?"

"Y—yes, Ma'am," Takemichi's friends shout.

Takemichi sighs and looks back at them. They aren't so scary once you get used to them. "Sure thing, Shiho~Chan."

Takemichi grabs some drinks and hands them out, Draken and Shiho speaking as he does so.

"Pah won't get out for at least a year," Draken says.

"What about Osanai?" Takemichi asks as he sits down.

"The bastard is alive," Shiho tells him, opening the can and taking a sip. "Pah~chin would've been in there much longer if he wasn't."

"What about Mikey~kun...?" Takemichi asks, hesitant to tread into the turbulent waters.

Draken slams his hand onto the table, startling those younger than him. The puzzle on the table near him breaks, pieces flying everywhere. Shiho glances at the puzzle then Takemichi, who's heart sinks deep into his stomach. He spent three days on that! What the fuck?

"That bastard. He's so full of shit!" Draken shouts.

Shiho leans back against Takemichi's dresser and bends her leg, her arm resting against her knee. "He is being...stubborn. I can't say I blame him though."

Draken stands, surprising Shiho. She stands. Takemichi guesses she wouldn't stay here without him. Not like they could talk privately with his other friends there.

"Anyway, I'm gonna sever all connections with Mikey," Draken says, earning a sigh from Shiho.

"Huh?" Takemichi asks, unsure of what else to say.

"Shiho? What about you?" Draken asks expectantly.

"I know I said I'd give you an answer, but..." Shiho says. "It's not that simple."

"Well, if Shiho stays, maybe Touman won't fall apart."

"'Fall apart'?" Takemichi asks. "No wait! That's—"

"That's how it goes, Micchi," Shiho says. "Sorry, but if he's leaving, I am too."

Takemichi stares at the pair's backs for a moment. "Wait a minute!" He follows them, leaving the other four in his room. "What do you guys mean? Hey! Hey!"

They reach the door, and all movement stops. Takemichi walks out, and Mikey stands there, just glaring at them.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Mikey asks.