Chapter 9: Family And Friendship Ties

The door opens revealing Kai.

Kai: Y/N, what are you doing here? *Seeing your mascara messed he asks* What's wrong did something happen?

Y/N: *You burst into tears* He.. I didn't.. no where...else to... go.. Kat's not.. here.. *You stammer while crying*

Kai: *He pulls you into a hug* Hey it's okay, calm down

He leads you to the couch making you sit as he brings you something to drink and a box of tissues. Once you've calmed down you start to talk, him sitting next to you.

Y/N: Thank you Kai.. *You say in a soft tone*

Kai: You're welcome, now tell me what happened? Did he react badly to the news?

Y/N: I didn't tell him.. *You say softly looking down at your hands*

Kai: Then what happened?

Y/N: *You tell him what happened* Is it okay if I stay here tonight, I really don't want to go home..

Kai: *Cuts you of* Of course, stay as long as you want and I'm sorry for what Kol did

Y/N: Thanks Kai *You give him a soft smile*

Kai: Are you going to tell him though? *He asks in a concerned tone*

Y/N: No.. I'll just have to do it all on my own *New tears start to stream down your face at that thought*

Kai: Hey, you're not alone, you got me, how about some ice cream and a movie?

Y/N: Okay.. *You say in a soft but appreciative tone*

Kai goes and gets some ice cream, handing it to you then taking a seat next to you and putting a movie on.

Kol's Pov

Rebekah walks into his room.

Rebekah: Hey where's Y/N?

Kol: I don't know.. *He says in an annoyed tone*

Rebekah: Oh okay *She says confused at his tone* I was thinking we could all go out for a birthday dinner tonight to Y/N favourite restaurant if you'll have nothing planned *She says in a calm tone*

Kol: Birthday dinner?? *He asked confusion written all over his face*

Rebekah: Oh Kol don't tell me you forgot her birthday's today *She says in a disappointed tone*

He stares at her with a blank cold stare.

Kol: Leave Rebekah, she's not here *He says in a cold tone*

Rebekah: Fine *She says angrily*

She walks away angry and frustrated at him, his tone and behaviour.

Your Pov

The next morning you wake up to the smell of something really good, so you jump out of bed (wearing the tracksuit pants and hoodie Kai gave you the night before) and going towards the smell that's coming from the kitchen to find Kai cooking.

Y/N: I didn't know you cook *You say shock written all over your face*

Kai: *He laughs picking up a cook book* Well I don't, I used this book to help

Y/N: Aww you cooked just for me *You say as you take a seat at the kitchen island*

Kai: Yeah, I figured you would be hungry when you wake up

Y/N: Thanks Kai *You smile at him*

Kai: You're welcome, how you are you feeling?

Y/N: I'm okay.. I'm still hurt but I'm more angry he used my insecurities against me after I confided in him *You say with anger and frustration in your tone*