10

“Chommie!”

Hazel came rushing towards Kgomotso, her Louboutins stomping on the concrete floor. The outline of her curves was striking in her pant suit and the matching jacket emphasized the shape of her waist, and her stylish Louis Vuitton bag complemented her outfit. And her make-up was impeccable as by Hazel’s standards.

Kgomotso was the only one who knew that Hazel actually hired the designer handbags and shoes she changed regularly, while making everyone else believe she was affluent enough to be draped in labels every day of the week.        
“Hey!” Kgomotso returned her greeting with equal enthusiasm, welcoming her warm embrace. “You look stunning,”

“You on the other hand could use some colour on those cheeks and a little bit of mascara wouldn’t hurt. You need to accentuate your lashes, it’ll make your eyes pop.”

Kgomotso rolled her eyes at Hazel’s unsolicited advice. “We all can’t be the glamour queen of Johannesburg.”

Hazel smiled, checking if her lipstick was still in place. “Well, I can’t exactly dispute that now, can I? Because I am fabulous.”

“Mxm,” Kgomotso changed her shoes and took her handbag from the boot before locking the car. “You’re early today, why?”

“Hawu, chommie, do you even have to ask?”

“Yes, because it’s unlike you.”

“Wena, just be glad I was able to make it to work today, because if it were up to Sanele I’d still be in bed with him.”

Now, she did not need to hear that.

Hazel was proud of her overt sex life and didn’t think it was embarrassing to talk about it. She was raised by strict and very religious parents who demonized sex and drinking every chance they got. They never failed to preach about purity and godliness, using the Bible to keep her and her siblings in line. But she was a true Pastor’s kid and rebelled against their authority, because in the very same Bible they preached about Jesus embraced everyone as they were.    

“Sanele?” Kgomotso frowned. “Which Sanele?”

“Mavis’ brother, remember we met him at her baby shower?” she said, casually.

“Hayi, wena, Hazel! You’re sleeping with Mavis’ brother.” Kgomotso’s eyes widened.

Hazel laughed, smacking her lips in satisfaction. “Yes. We’re both consenting adults and chommie, he has stamina for days, yho. Normally I can keep up with these young boys but Sanele is a different breed all together and I can’t get enough of him.”

She closed her eyes and something sounding like a moan slipped past her lips, as explicit memories flooded her mind and a shiver charged through her body.

“Whoa! That’s enough I don’t need to know all that about Mavis’ brother.”

“You’re right, enough about me. You need to tell me all about that stud of yours, I want to know how he does it and how good is he between the sheets.”

“Bathong, Haze. A lady doesn’t kiss and tell.” Kgomotso smiled.

“You’re even blushing then he must be phenomenal, mos.”

Kgomotso, playfully slapped her arm. “Stop it.”

“Come, let’s get out of here. We still have time for coffee before the 9-5 grind begins.”

“But I have work to do, I want to start early to make up for yesterday.” Kgomotso protested.

“Hayi, work can wait.”

Hazel linked their arms together and they walked to the elevator, leaving the basement parking area.

“I was afraid you wouldn’t come back and choose to gallivant the world with your new man instead.”

Kgomotso frowned, thinking about what Hazel just said. It was hardly 24 hours since she saw Anesu but she already missed him, getting through the week was going to be a challenge and she wasn’t prepared for it. The idea of gallivanting the world with him sounded delightful but she wasn’t spontaneous enough to do something that would cost her, her job. One of the good things to come out of her break up with Xola was her new found independence and accepting Anesu’s proposal was a gamble and she wasn’t a risk-taker.

But this is a risk worth taking.

“You should know better than anyone, I’d never do that.”

Hazel rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed with her response. “Exactly! Cause wena, chommie, you don’t know how to have fun. You would’ve been better off as a nun, serious.”

They stepped out on the first floor, waving at Patrice who was preparing to start attending to the calls at reception. He was a tall, young, charmer with smooth toffee-coloured skin and an all-white-Colgate-smile, which made him Hazel’s type.

“Bonjour, ladies,” he drawled.

Kgomotso groaned inwardly at his forced French accent, apparently he’d spent 6 months in Senegal for reasons he refused to disclose, but was desperately still trying to sound like he wasn’t from Soshanguve.

“Hi.” Hazel giggled, flipping her hair flirtatiously. She undressed him with her eyes, forgetting that she was praising Sanele’s sexual prowess 5mins ago.