52

"So you're pregnant and you didn't tell me?"

It was typical of Kamo to ignore the part about Anesu getting punched and focus on making it about her.

"Nobody knew," said Kgomotso.

Her dramatic sigh chased away the brief silence staggering between them. "I'm not just anybody I'm your sister. I thought we were in a good place, I don't understand why you would keep this from me."

"Remember what we talked about in therapy? Not everything is about you, I just didn't want to tell people until I knew it was safe to do so after what happened."

"Oh, I totally forgot about that."

"It still feels like it happened yesterday..." Kgomotso's voice trailed off.

"I'm sorry, Kgomo, I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place."

She didn't cry or get sad when the memory of that day came into her head uninvited, it took a lot of work but she was finally at peace, she had to be because it would be unfair to be anything but a good mother to the baby she prayed relentlessly for.

"It's okay. Things worked out for the better."

"I'm so excited." Kamo shrieked. "Our kids are gonna grow up together, I hope we both have girls so we can dress them in matching clothes."

"Hai, Kamo, I'm not doing that."

She frowned as her excitement came crashing down. "Mxm. Lwazi's sperm should've worked harder and got me pregnant with twins, so I can be done because I don't want to do this again. You won't believe what happened to me the other day, I sneezed so hard I peed on myself."

"O maka!" Kgomotso laughed.

"I'm serious and I was so terrified, thinking my water broke and my baby was going to be premature."

"I hate that I still get morning sickness."

"Give it time, it should subside in a few weeks. Have you thought about having a gender reveal? And you can use that opportunity to officially announce your pregnancy."

That idea didn't sound appealing to her, it was more of Kamo's style to flaunt her life for all to see.

"Gender reveal?" Kgomotso sounded unsure.

"Yes, you should celebrate every milestone of your first pregnancy."

"Let me think about it."

She knew Kgomotso well enough to understand that meant no, before therapy Kamo would've forced the idea onto her sister but she had to learn to accept that Kgomotso was content with living a simple and boring life, which she didn't get because Anesu would buy her the moon along with the stars at the snap of her fingers.

"But you're having a baby shower and that's non-negotiable," said Kamo.

"I'm okay with a baby shower."

"Good." She was glad it didn't take a power point presentation to convince Kgomotso. "But I need you to give me full creative control to plan it."

Kgomotso frowned, regret already creeping from the back of her mind because Kamo was prone to go over the top like she was planning a Hollywood production.

"Just please keep it simple, I don't want any bells and whistles."

"I'll see what I can do," Kamo said, rolling her eyes. Keeping it simple didn't mean it had to be cheap. "So, when are you coming back? Because you have to save me from my father's new girlfriend."