39

It didn’t look like Anesu was home, his car wasn’t in the driveway when Kgomotso arrived. She last spoke to him an hour before she left and he didn’t mention any plans that involved him going out.

She parked closer to the entrance and off-loaded the Tupperware first, ausi Daphne got carried away like she usually did and decided a skaftin of scones wasn’t enough for her future son-in-law, which left Kgomotso with no choice but to drive back to Joburg with the entire seven colours in the backseat of her freshly cleaned car.

The house was immaculate and it was delightful to come back to a clean space, she almost forgot Anesu was missing. It was time she met Macy, she’d never met anyone more elusive than her uncle Jonas after payday.

The bedding in Anesu’s bedroom was changed, she liked the colour choice but was doubtful that Anesu had anything to do with it. A cream white box covered with an exaggerated bow of the same colour caught Kgomotso’s eye, it was placed on the edge of the bed and had her name written on it.

She got excited, thinking it was a present from Anesu until she opened it.

                 KAMOHELO & LWAZI
                            29/10/2022

Kgomotso took a moment, staring at their names written in gold against the plush leather her sister chose as the cover of their wedding album. She wiped her sweaty palms on her jeans before she pulled the album out of the box, it felt heavy and her fingers left clumsy prints all over despite Kgomotso’s effort to be careful.

The first page had both Kamo and Lwazi’s pictures, taken moments before they walked down the aisle and next to each picture was the messages they wrote to each other, both expressing their profound love for one another and excitement to begin the journey of marriage.

The next page had a picture of Kgomotso and Kamo, laughing as they hugged, it was after the matrimonial and she was happy to share in her sister’s joy. But she felt nothing looking at their picture, not even a portion of the happiness she carried with her on that day resurfaced. Kgomotso wasn’t even moved by her message to Kamo, it was better to harden her heart to further protect herself from her mother and sister. It wasn’t her first time getting in the ring with them and two against one was never a fair fight.

You did it! You’re finally Mrs Buthelezi and as you start this new chapter with your husband,
I want you to know I’ll always be here for you whenever you need me.
You’re the only sister I have, therefore you’re very important to me and
I love you.
I wish you and Lwazi all the best now and in the future.

She quickly closed the album, put it back in the box once her eyes got teary and shoved it under the bed. Out of sight out of mind.

She unpacked her bag and sent her father a Whatsapp message, telling him she arrived safely before he got a chance to start worrying and he responded with a thumbs up emoji almost immediately. He must’ve been checking his phone every 5mins for an update, if it were up to him Kgomotso would still be living at home and safe from prowling wolves like Xola.

“Hi, baby.”

“Hi.” She threw her phone on the bed and welcomed his embrace. “Where were you?”

He brought his lips closer to her ear, holding her tight. “Stuck in my office, reading endless paperwork.”

“You’re the worst workaholic I know.” She tried to sound firm but failed when he caressed her ass possessively.

“How many workaholics do you know?”

Kgomotso looked into his hooded eyes and was sure the hunger she saw in his mesmerizing gaze matched hers, and was surprised they didn’t undress each other on sight.

“That’s not the point,” she said.

He grasped her chin and ran his thumb along her bottom lip and she closed her eyes, anticipating his panty dropper kiss.

“I work word and play harder,” he whispered.

Haibo! She was still waiting, did he really expect her to beg for a kiss?

“Then let’s play.” She leaned in closer but he pulled his head back.

She opened her left eye first and found him staring at her. “What’s wrong?!” She snapped.

“Nothing.” 

He better not be lying to her. She glared intently at him with both eyes, as he still made no move to kiss her.

“So, you’re not going to kiss me?” Her long lashes flapped and almost touched her cheeks as she blinked rapidly.

“No.”

“Why, not?” she asked with an attitude and her eyes dangerously narrowed.

He smirked, scratching the back of his head. “Because I’ll end up fucking you.”

Yho! Anesu was not serious. 

“We’re going to end up fucking anyway.”

“Can I eat first? I’m hungry.”

“Okay, there’s food in the kitchen.” She pecked his lips and led him out of the bedroom.

“You cooked?” he asked, sounding surprised and impressed all at once.

“Yes, I cooked.” She smiled and cast him a backward glance.

When they got downstairs, Anesu connected his phone to the speakers and played Feels Right by Lamar as he made his way into the kitchen. He opened the Tupperware with scones and helped himself to one. He was in a good mood and Kgomotso couldn’t tell if it was because of the food or her being back.

Feels right when I’m with you.” He sang along, wrapping his sturdy arms around her waist.

She leaned into his broad chest enticed by his masculine scent. “I thought you said you’re hungry.”

“I am.”

“Then stop distracting me.” She dished everything on the plate and warmed it in the microwave for 2mins.

“How are your folks?”

“They are fine,” she said with a small smile. “They’re just worried after everything that happened with Xola.”

His sentencing was in a few days and Churchill was confident the judge would go for the maximum sentence because he went after Nolitha twice.  

“You know I’ll never let anything happen to you, right?”

She set the plate and utensils on a tray with salt & pepper on the side, and placed it in front of him. “I know Clark Kent.”

He laughed. “I come from a nation of fearless warriors, Clark Kent is no match against me.”

Zulu men and their two cents worth of arrogance.

“Mxm. Eat your food.”

“Thank you, baby.”

She cleared the Tupperware and poured herself a glass of sweet Rosé, the cheap kind she liked from Woolworths. 

“I want to move out of Kamo’s flat tomorrow but I haven’t found a place.”

“Why are you moving?” His attention was solely focussed on the plate in front of him it’s a wonder he heard her.

Kgomotso shrugged, pretending to give his question some thought because she didn’t want to tell him about her petty fight with Kamo.

“I feel like it’s time I got my own place.”

“You can stay here,” he said.

She shook her head, picking up the wine glass. “You won’t pay for milk if you already have a cow giving it to you for free.”

“Haibo, what are you saying?”

“We’ll live together once you’ve made an honest woman out of me.”

“So, you think I won’t marry you if you move in with me now?”

“That’s exactly what I think,” she said, not backing down from Anesu’s taunting gaze.

Anesu put the fork down, turned the music off and pushed the empty plate aside, all that was left was for him to lick it. He was an enthusiastic eater and clearly enjoyed her cooking, it would be so easy to use muthi on him, thought Kgomotso.

“Remember the talk we had after we left Dr Lewis’ office?”

Eish, did he have to remind her of that day when she struggled daily to forget the loss she suffered. Kgomotso slowly nodded, wondering where Anesu was going with this.

He held her hand and gently pulled her onto his lap. “I meant every word I said that day, I’m all in, baby. And when the time comes I’ll send my uncles to your father’s house, you’ll wear isidwaba and they’ll welcome you into my family home by sprinkling you with bile.”

“Are you sure you want to get married again, Anesu? Because I don’t plan on getting a divorce once we say ‘I do’, its forever. I look at my father and ausi Daphne and that’s what I want for us, a healthy and loving marriage.”

“And we’ll have that because I don’t take this decision lightly, I want you in my life and I’m willing to do the work to keep you in my life, and if ever you grow tired of me I’ll buy you a house and we’ll take turns visiting each other.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of you,” she said, chuckling while she stared into his eyes.

“That’s good to know.”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and claimed his lips in a ravishing kiss, which left them both breathless.

“I love you,” she whispered in his ear, tugging at it with her teeth.

He shuddered once her tongue trailed along his earlobe and his erection strained against his pants, It didn’t help when she started grinding on top of him, driving her centre into his hardness. She moved deliberately, teasing him with the change of tempo and he was close to losing his mind.

His moan disappeared into their kiss and the sweet taste of Rosé had him drunk with ecstasy. She didn’t often take charge when it came to sex and on the occasions she did, it was never like this, Anesu was thankful to whatever brought this on because he liked it, a lot.

Kgomotso unbuckled his belt, pulled the zipper down and slid her hand into his briefs.

“Found it,” she said, squeezing his penis. He almost jumped out of the chair because she did it so tight.

“Be careful, baby.”

She loosened her grip and kneeled between his thighs as he helped her lower his pants, revealing his full length. It was curved upwards, veins popping out and the mushroomed head glistened with his pre-cum, oozing down his shaft and onto her fingers.

She seemed unsure of what to do next, showing her lack of experience, which he didn’t mind because he wasn’t expecting her to be perfect.

She didn’t break eye contact when the tip of her tongue licked his frenulum and she gathered enough courage to swirl it around the head, before taking him slowly into her mouth with her hand firmly on the base. She did it again, allowing more of him in but quickly pulled back when he hit the back of her throat, making her gag.

“Take it easy, baby.” He gasped.

Kgomotso wiped her lips with the back of her hand and her sigh was one of defeat. “I don’t think I’m good at this.”

“Try again, please,” he said, eyes barely open.

Eish, what if she messed up?

She enclosed her hand around his base again and stroked him hard enough to get his head covered with pre-cum.

Don’t overthink this, Kgomotso.

She removed her hand and licked his base, going all the way to the top before she covered it with her mouth, tapping her tongue on his frenulum.

“Yes. Yes, right there, baby.”

With the boost of confidence she gradually moved up and down, careful not to graze him with her teeth. It was a turn on watching him fully surrender to the pleasure she was giving him, every moan and touch let Kgomotso know she had him exactly where she wanted. It was the right time to try one of the tricks she read about and prayed it doesn’t backfire.

She hollowed her cheeks and hummed while twisting her hands around the base. It said the vibration from her mouth will feel good on him and it didn’t lie.  

“Shit!” He grabbed her hair, holding her steady while he thrust his hips and she finished him off with massaging his balls while increasing suction on his penis.

His orgasm didn’t come with a warning so she didn’t get the chance to choose whether to swallow or not. Pulling away meant he’d mess up the island so she swallowed all of it while he watched and it felt like a piece of his soul left his body, he’d never seen anything sexier than Kgomotso in that moment.

His legs shook like they were battery operated and his rugged breathing drowned out his thoughts and his whole body was electrified. It felt like he lost track of where he was and who he was.

“That was…wow.”

He didn’t think Kgomotso had it in her but he was pleasantly surprised.

“Did you like it?” she asked, standing up.

“I loved it.” He offered her a faint smile and put his penis back in his briefs.

“Do you want a glass of water?”

“No, baby, I’m fine.” He tried to kiss her but she pulled away. “What’s wrong?”

“I think I need to brush my teeth.” She put her hand over her mouth.

“It’s okay.”

He tilted her head up and captured her parted lips in an endearing kiss, coaxing her tongue to dance with his. Kgomotso dissolved against his taut chest, reigniting the fire between her thighs but his ringing cell phone interrupted their heated moment.

“Ndoda, this better be important,” he answered.

She tried to get up but Anesu tightened his hold on her arm.

“Now? Okay, I’ll let her know.” He hung up.

“Who was that?”

He seemed fidgety all of a sudden like he just remembered something unpleasant.

“Nolitha is awake and would like to see you.”

What? Nope! That wasn’t going to happen. She wasn’t interested in listening to whatever bullshit that woman had to say, if it was closure Nolitha wanted she was rich enough to afford daily sessions with a therapist.

“What makes her think I’d want to see her after the way she treated me?”

“She just needs to talk—”

“No, Anesu, I’m going for a swim. It’s a beautiful day, I just want to enjoy it by the poolside with a nice bottle of wine minus the added stress, please. Is that too much to ask?”

He shook his head. “I’m sorry.”