Chapter 52

Happy entered the house after a long day with the club. His house was dark when he entered through the door. He locked everything up and walked down to check on his children. They were all asleep in their beds. He walked down to his bedroom that he shared with his wife. He stood in the doorway for a moment just watching her sleep. It was as if she felt him in the room and she rolled over. 

"Gonna stand there all night?" she asked. 

"I just got home, love," he replied. 

"Have a long day?"

"Yeah I did."

"Get a shower and come on to bed."

Happy nodded and headed for the shower. She was laying on her back when he came out of the bathroom. He smiled as he continued to dry off. He moved toward the bed, completely naked and climbed in next to her. She just chuckled. He pulled her into his chest and kissed her lips. 

"I missed you today," he said. 

"I missed you too," she replied. 

"I was doing some thinking today."

"Did it hurt?"

"A little bit."

She laughed. He kissed her again. 

"What were you thinking?" she asked. 

"That after all this shit calms down, we renew our wedding vows," he said.

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah, I think it would help us all show a new commitment to each other."

She stared at him for a moment. Then she nodded. He pulled her into another kiss and allowed this one to get heated. She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. He pulled back and moved to kiss her face as well as her neck. 

"I love you," she said. 

"I love you too," he replied. 

He continued his mission to make her feel as loved as he could. He worshipped every inch of her body that night before they both fell asleep. She was content in his arms. 

The next morning, she was up first with the kids. Happy could hear them as he woke up in the bedroom. He got up and got dressed before going down the stairs. His kids were all at the table with his wife. The older boys had cereal while the younger kids were eating oatmeal. He joined them at the table with a bagel. 

"Good morning," Allison said. 

"Mornin babe," he replied. 

His phone went off as he sat there with his family. He got up to go get it. He wasn't surprised to see that it was the attorney. 

"Hello," he answered. 

"Happy," Lowen said. 

"Yeah."

"We need to meet to have a conversation."

"All right. When?"

"As soon as you can."

"I can be there in a half hour."

"Sounds good."

He hung up and finished his breakfast with his family. He kissed them all and headed out the door to the attorney's office. He wasn't sure how the day was going to go, but he was prepared for anything. He took the bike to the office. Lowen was waiting on him when he arrived. She smiled when she saw him. 

"Let's go get this over with," he said. 

"The conversation I had with your cousin's girlfriend was interesting yesterday," she said. 

"What's that mean?"

"Well with her testimony, they don't have a case against you. It's going to be dropped. The prosecutor isn't happy, but it is what it is. You are no longer under investigation."

"Good."

Happy was able to head to work without having to worry about them trying to pick him up for something that he didn't do. He was still being cautious but he was in the clear which made it easier to earn for his family. He knew that Allison was worried about the money and making sure they were able to make all their payments on time. She hadn't brought it up to him yet but he could see it in her eyes when she was staring at the mail. He got an early night so he was able to be home with his family for dinner. Allison smiled as he walked into the house. He walked over to her and kissed her. 

"How was your day?" she asked. 

"I'm cleared," he said. 

"Really?"

He nodded. She grinned and pulled him down into a deep kiss. They pulled away to the boys gagging. Allison laughed. Happy shook his head. They sat down later for dinner. Allison had made a roast for dinner with potatoes, carrots, and onion. She served the kids and then worked on getting her own food. Happy served himself. 

"Al," he said. 

"What?" she asked. 

"I know you are frustrated with the money situation. But we got this. I am going back to earning more. We will be fine."

"Hap, can we discuss this later when we don't have little ears around?"

"Of course babe."

She nodded. He sighed. They ate dinner while the boys chattered away about things they had done that day with their schooling. Emersyn was playing with her carrots on her plate. 

"Em, stop playing with your food," Happy told her. 

"Carrots are yucky," she told him. 

"They are good for you."

"Yuck."

Happy laughed. 

"Doesn't mean you should play with them," he said. 

"Ok daddy," she replied. 

"Thank you."

She sat back in her booster seat and stared at her plate. Happy chuckled. 

"Do you want some more meat and potatoes?" he asked. 

"Yes please," Emersyn said. 

Happy nodded and gave her some more. She giggled and began to eat again. He shook his head as she happily munched away on her roast. She looked at him. The two little ones were being fed the same meal. Allison had sent some of it through the blender and was feeding them with a spoon. She was also eating her own food. He took over after he had finished eating his own food. 

"Thank you," she said. 

He nodded. He was all about making her life easier. She finished eating and started to clean up the babies. He helped her by taking care of the older kids as they finished up. The older boys had to help with chores by helping with cleaning up dinner.