28) Beating Hearts

"I Love You, Bunny. I love you so much. Please don't ever leave me."

Jungkook was frozen at the sudden confession of the elder. He looked into the teary eyes of the elder which held so much love for him and he broke down into tears himself. Oh, how he had longed to hear those three magical words from his mouth and now that his dream had finally come true, he doesn't know whether it's just a dream or has Taehyung finally accepted his feelings for him. His mind was still hazy, his nightmare still vivid in his mind and now he knows the voice that pulled him out of it belonged to his Hyung. He clutched onto Taehyung, to make himself believe this isn't a dream and he's here with Taehyung, in his arms.

Taehyung clutched Jungkook to his chest, hugging him tightly, afraid to let him go. Jungkook was the one who had the nightmare, but it was Taehyung who lived it. In just a matter of a few minutes, he felt his soul being crushed with immense pain and the overwhelming relief he felt when Jungkook woke up from his nightmare, was enough of a proof of how much Jungkook had come to mean to him within these months, that even the thought of not having him in their lives anymore was more painful to him than anything he has ever been through.

"Bunny, please don't cry. See, you're alright now and everything is fine. So, please stop crying." Taehyung said, wiping Jungkook's tears which were replaced by fresh tears once again.

Say it again, Hyung. Please tell me it wasn't a dream." Jungkook said, looking up at Taehyung, his eyes pleading with him. Taehyung knew what Jungkook was asking him for and he couldn't blame him for thinking it was a dream. So, without wasting a second he held his face with both his hands and looked straight into his eyes and once again said those words that Jungkook was dying to hear.

"I Love You, Bunny. I love you so much. I don't know how or when it happened. But your innocence, your kind heart, your beautiful smile, your curious doe eyes, your caring nature and the way you take care of Eunie and understands her, all of this made me fall for you. I was stupid to think that if I avoid you, I could stop my heart from falling for you, not realizing that you already owned it. I never thought I'd have a second chance at love. I didn't even want it, because I had already loved and lost once, that I didn't think this heart could take anymore loss. But then you came into my life like an angel and melted this frozen heart of mine and filled it with your warmth. Can you feel it? It is beating just for you." Taehyung said, placing Jungkook's hand on his heart.

Jungkook felt his own heart beating at an abnormal pace at Taehyung's confession. Nothing could have prepared him for this. He felt overwhelmed and emotional with every word of Taehyung. He wants to say it back to him, but his mind was still muddled to properly word his thoughts. So, he decided to tell him when he isn't feeling like death warmed over.

Taehyung held Jungkook in his arms for what felt like an eternity with no words spoken between them. The only sound in the room came from their beating hearts which sounded like a lullaby to Jungkook, making him feel sleepy.

"Don't sleep now, Bunny. You should eat something first. And Eunie would also like to meet you. She was scared seeing you like that. It was difficult to console her. Why did you faint suddenly like that, Bunny? Why didn't you tell me if you weren't feeling well? Please don't scare me like that again, Bunny." Jungkook felt bad for worrying the both of them, but it wasn't in his hands. Even he doesn't know what happened to him suddenly.

"I'm sorry for worrying you both. Eunie must be scared. Poor thing. Hyung, please bring her to me. I need to make sure she is ok." Taehyung immediately laid Jungkook on the bed and covered him with blankets before going out of the room to bring his daughter. Jungkook was struggling to keep his eyes open. His head still hurt and now that he was alone in the room, he remembered his nightmare and shivered at the memory. It felt too real to him. He could still feel the heat from the fire and the cold from the icy water and his body involuntarily shivered at that.