12) Remorse

"Eunie come here right now."

Eunie held onto Yoongi's neck tightly when she heard her father's voice and buried her face in his neck. Yoongi caressed her back, comforting her while Jimin tried to calm the situation down.

"Tae, first calm down. Eunie is already scared and you're making her even more scared. And besides, the boy needs treatment. Look at his hand. First treat him and then talk." Jimin said, trying to make his friend calm.

Taehyung immediately looked at Jungkook who was still clutching his hand in pain. He went towards him and held his uninjured hand. Jungkook flinched at the sudden touch and Taehyung felt bad seeing how he flinched. After all it was his fault for shouting at him.

"Come with me. Let me treat your hand." Taehyung said, gently pulling his hand and Jungkook just followed him without a word.

Taehyung took him to his room and made him sit on a chair while he went to get his medical kit. He soon came back holding a bag and sat in front of Jungkook.

"Will you be able to remove your shirt or should I do it?" he asked and Jungkook looked at him in fear.

"Hey hey don't be scared. I just want to treat your hand and nothing else. Here you can use this towel to cover yourself." Taehyung said, handing him a towel from his washroom.

Jungkook took the towel and looked at Taehyung, who understood what the boy wanted. He turned his back on him, so Jungkook could remove his shirt. He waited until Jungkook gave him the all clear to turn around and gasped seeing the burn marks on his hand. Just from the looks of it he could guess how much pain the boy was in and he was surprised that he was able to endure it for so long without saying anything.

"This will hurt a bit. I'm sorry." Taehyung said, before starting the treatment. Jungkook hissed the moment Taehyung touched his hand and he hadn't even started yet. Taehyung looked at him and offered a gentle smile, though from inside he was having an internal battle.

He had treated so many patients and tended to so many wounds ten times worse than this, but for some unknown reason seeing this boy in front of him whimper in pain, made his throat burn with unshed tears. Add to that, the fact that his daughter might've done this made the pain in his heart even worse. He was finding it difficult to look him in the eyes and with every whimper and hiss Jungkook let out, the pain in his heart kept increasing.

He tried to be as gentle as possible, but there was only so much he could do. There was nothing he could do to take away his pain and when he applied the cream on his hands, Jungkook cried aloud because of the sting. Taehyung felt his heart clench and he immediately started blowing on his hand to decrease the pain a little bit.

"Sorry, the sting will go away soon. Just a little bit more and I'll be done. You're doing really good so far. You're really very brave." Taehyung kept praising him in the hopes that it'll comfort him. Taehyung worked faster after that. He applied the cream all over his hand and neck and then bandaged it and now it was time for the shot. He took out a syringe and filled it with an antibiotic, but when he looked at the boy, he saw him shaking at the sight of the injection.

"Are you afraid of shots, bunny?" he asked, already knowing the answer. Jungkook looked at him with teary eyes and nodded his head.

"Wait here." Taehyung said, before running out. Jungkook looked at the retreating back of the elder confused. Taehyung ran out of the room to the living room where he had left his bag. He took it and ran back inside without paying any attention to the people sitting in the room, not even Eunie. Jimin and Yoongi shared a look with each other, seeing their friend so worried.