2. My Only Mortal Nemesis Is My Only Friend

John didn't like it, he didn't even want to do it, but he had no choice — he had to face every member of the Spec Ops Division in physical combat to demonstrate himself as worthy of entering the Spec Ops Division, and only then will he be seen as a valued member of The New World Leadership. But John wasn't the only one; some of the girls felt conflicted, they didn't want to fight John, because they knew their strength could hurt him, which made them feel stained with a shawl of guilt as they knew they had unjust advantages that humans didn't have. They felt like they were abusing those advantages instead of fighting fairly. The Anthros, not once, ever were about fighting fair, but the Humans were, which is what divides Man from Beast. One relied on strategic rectitude while the other relied on brute strength, claws, fangs, speed, and vicious ferocity.

John's Pov.

I was making my way to the arena, which wasn't far, it was just right across the hotel-like structure. "State your business here." A gigantic brown-colored wolfess orders, holding her weapon in a very aggressive way; it was most likely done to intimidate me, a bit childish but it is in her nature to be that way.

"I was told to come here for my initiation into the Spec Ops Division. Lt. General Hoffman requested for me to be here. Did you understand that all?" I ask, wanting to make it obvious that this huge bitch didn't scare me. "Oh if only Lt. General Hoffman didn't put on that bulletin board that we all needed to treat you like one of us, I would have beaten the fuck out of you the second I saw you. I still don't understand what Lt. General Hoffman sees in you, you're presence is not even wanted here, yet here you are, walking among us like you're another Anthro, and to add insult to injury, dare to be requested to join The Spec Ops Division, just what makes you so fucking special to her that she'd want you in the most powerful force in the base?" The wolfess growled, bearing her pearly white canines. "Trust me, when I'm done, I'll be sure to save you some—now move, will you?!" With a very annoyed sigh, I simply shove her to the side despite her being inches taller than me.

"You'll get that one for free, you hairless motherfucker, but the moment she says you're out, we're all gonna cut your ass down." Growled the wolfess. With a very devilish grin, I opened the door and as her tail swayed between the door, I kick the door shut as hard as I could, and grinned upon hearing the very loud whimper come from the wolfess. "Hahaha!—look at that!" Wheezing with a hearty laugh, I bend with my hands on my knees and point at the wolfess's tail caught between the door and the wall. I catch my breath from enfeebling my lungs and yell, "Fucking stay down!" I open the door and watch the Wolfess drop to her knees as her tail falls in a depressed manner.

Taking her defeat for an answer, I continue my way into the Arena, walking down a long steel corridor that stretched fifty feet long—all I could hear were the sounds of my black combat boots clapping against the steel floor; creating audible booms that were made from every step I took.

I didn't want to get there early, so I walked slowly to the two doors at the end of the hallway, wanting to bask in the silence mixed with the echoey repetition of the thumping of my boots. As I continued down the long narrow hall, I say to myself, "I wonder how the others are holding up." I begin to wonder about the many things The Kingsmen could be doing this minute. Despite thinking of the consequences if they found out about my alliance with The New World Leadership, I wanted to at least think that they were doing okay and that they weren't trying to bedevil themselves with the introspection of me being dead or alive, or trying to rescue me.

"Uncle Josiah, I'm sorry I did this to you." I repeat in my head, hearing my inner voice's distant echo play in my head as I finally reach the two doors after a long walk. "Maybe, if I'm lucky, the war will end, and we both can finally move on. We'll be a family again."