5. Sneewittchen

After facing the girls—some of them anywayJohn was admitted to the medical bay where he is bolstered onto a medical bed where he is immediately tended to under the orders of Lt. General Hoffman. Despite the orders they were given to patch John up, the anthro medics felt hesitant and some of them even contemplated letting John bleed to death as they knew saving him would mean nothing as they still viewed John as typical scum; it was also because the propaganda of anthros on humans that they believed John didn't deserve to be saved. Some left the room in hopes John would die on his own—but others stayed and aided John, believing that doing this could establish the assurance that humans and anthros can work together, while a few others only did it because it was ordered by Lt. General Hoffman, and for the fear of being terminated or worse for disregarding a direct order from a superior.

Snow Pov.

I was walking to the medical bay, I recently just got elevated so I wanted to take a look at the room I'll be operating in, but as I got close to the door I heard talking inside, something about an acceptance letter.

"Doctor White!" A medic came sprinting towards me upon leaving the room. "What is it, doctor?" I ask her. "We wanted to come to you when we were told, but Lt. General Hoffman made it very clear she wants the boy alive, said your permission or knowledge of the situation was not required as it was a direct order and that insubordination would result in immediate termination." She explained, my ears flickering at the mention of the boy, not even caring about the immediate termination bit as I knew Lt. General Hoffman uses threats to scare her personnel into working.

The boy—what boy? I think, baffled as to who this boy could be. "He's right in the room. There's no need to overwork yourself, Doctor White, we already fixed him up before you even got here." The medic said, walking out of the hallway.

I enter the room and to my surprise, I see not an anthro, but a human resting on one of the hospital beds, blood coated underneath him, staining the pure-white sheets with red stains. He turned his head to me and smiled, "Hey doctor." He waved at me cheerfully, waving his hand left and right. His entire head was swathed in gauze bandages except for his eyes, mouth, and nostrils.

His eyes were a very shiny brownish hue, his blond left-parted hair swerved to the right, and was kept in a disorganized rumpled mess, and yet even despite all of this he still found the stamina to smile.

"Uh, doc? You okay?" I snap out of it just in time to realize I had been staring at him too long that I just practically started to daydream about why there's a human here. "Why?" I mumble, slowly walking to the human while also reaching my hand out to him. "Yeah, usually you wouldn't see a human in a place like this, what with all of the anthros surrounding it, it's like you feel like you're bound to see some shit that's not even supposed to be here." The boy laughed, hooting to himself. "I mean—why are you here?" I ask, surprised as to why there's a human here. "Oh! Well, I kinda got a bit fucked up—okay, that's not the whole lie, I did get fucked up badly, especially by Faith, then Lt. General Hoffman ordered the medics to take me here, and then I got fixed. Then I'm here lying in a hospital bed talking to you." He explained his story. "Okay? So, how and why are you here?" I ask him. "You didn't hear? I'm—well, I don't know if I'm officially in yet, so I guess they'll have to come to me and tell me personally if I'm in or out." He says, crossing his shoulders. "Tell you what exactly?" I ask him. "If I'm in the Spec Ops Division or not." He tells me. My eyes widened upon hearing that Lt. General Hoffman had the smart idea of putting a human, a human, into the Spec Ops Division.

Is he serious!?—is Lt. General Hoffman serious!? Out of all of the people she could have chosen, she chose to put a human into the Spec Ops Division!? Who even is this boy?—what is he even doing here?—how did he even get here? Those were all of the many thoughts that could to my head at that moment. I was unsure precisely of what to make of this human and if he has any good or bad intentions. He doesn't seem like a bad person, I mean, normally someone would be pissed if they got their asses kicked by an anthro, a human no less, but his contentment was sort of telling me that this human didn't care about losing to anthros I reasoned with myself that perhaps trying to appeal to this human's goodwill would be better than to have shouting matches back to back.