6. Ruins Of The Bloodied

[Gore Warning]

John Pov.

The screaming, the crying, the explosions, the gunfire, it was seething everywhere. Lt. General Hoffman, the brand-new recruit Frostine, and I were sprinting to the exit of the building like a trio of bats out of hell.

Upon busting through the doors, we are welcomed to the sight of countless Anthro soldiers hurrying to the main entrance, followed by MBT10 Mordred tanks. "Holy crap! Are those MBT10 Mordred tanks?!" I shout, my shouting being mixed with the loud whirring of the tank's wheels and track. "You bet your ass it is!" Lt. General Hoffman roars.

 General Hoffman roars

"Lt. General Hoffman ma'am!" A soldier came running to us, "Waterman!" She snatches the Anthro by his collar and yanks him up to her face, "Who's the stupid son of a bitch attacking my fucking base!?" She roars into his face. "It's Dalton Kennard ma'am! From the F.N.R.C! Judging by their insignia, he sent the Cardinal Ranger Brigade!" He explained as Lt. General Hoffman began to pace back and forth. "That motherfucker!" She roars to the sky, her cybernetic eye unleashing a brilliant red glow that did her no favors in trying to hide her murderous intentions. While she was busy ranting about how she was going to kill him and explaining the plans to attack, I was busy gazing at the UAH-99 Black Knight slowly rotating its blades, gradually ascending into the sky.

 While she was busy ranting about how she was going to kill him and explaining the plans to attack, I was busy gazing at the UAH-99 Black Knight slowly rotating its blades, gradually ascending into the sky

"John!" Lt. General Hoffman grabbed me and threw me into Waterman who caught me in his arms. "You'll be with Waterman manning the guns on the Mordred! The others and I will be out there in the field!" She then took Frostine by her wrist, "Come on Frostine!" They both ran to the entrance of the base at full speed, followed by the rest of the Spec Ops Division.

"Come on, No-fur! We don't have much time!" Waterman shouts, taking me by my forearm and dragging me to the tank. "Get in! Get in!" He ushers me into the tank, being cramped with three other operators. "Okay everyone, get into position! I'll take the tank—Truman, you take the M134—No-fur, you take care of the M2 Browning—Peters, you'll handle the reloading!" Waterman ordered as he drove the tank out of the base, followed by the other tanks. While he was driving the tank, Truman and I got into position, arming ourselves as we both looked at each other earnestly, "Don't think this makes you look any better No-fur." Truman said. "Trust me, I'm not looking into making more friends." I answer as we finally ride into the battlefield. The instant we did, however, Truman immediately starts firing at the enemy, and I could see the destructive damage the M134 did, flashing locked-up memories of when Jack used the M134 against me and The New World Leadership.