9. A Bullet To The Head Or The Heart?

[Gore Warning]

John Pov.

I was left in shock. There was no way I could grasp what I was seeing. I was exposed to many things while I was out there fighting anthros, and fighting other anthros along with other anthros, but why am I always exposed to such horrors?

After having squashed the dead anthro's head into a bloody gloop, the stranger took the machete and proceeded to do something detestable: he took the machete and jabbed the blade into the anthro's chest and with one swipe, thrashed the blade down to its belly, splitting the gash in his torso open. He threw the machete to the ground and proceeded to tear his hand into the half-opened cavity in the anthro's torso. "W-W-What the fuck is he doing?!" Faith gasped, covering her mouth. "Dude, this is some sick shit! It's making me sick!" Hogan growled, covering his mouth as well.

The stranger continued to rummage through the anthro's opened cavity before he took a pause, not moving at all. "What is he doing—" I suddenly scream, witnessing the stranger yank entrails and guts out of the anthro's opened chest cavity. Blood came seeping out of the cavity like a red-tinted waterfall, spilling a dark-red substance onto the ground as the stranger simply held the entrails out. He then proceeded to wrap the entrails all over the corpse. Then, what can be described as the most horrific thing I had ever witnessed, he throws the corpse at us. "Oh my god—" one of the soldiers standing by was met with the unfortunate luck of being the one who the corpse lands on. "Ah! Aaaaaah!! Get it off of me! Get—it—off—of—me!!" The anthro soldier screams, kicking and screaming as pair of soldiers help remove the corpse from him. He continues to scream, screaming at his hands that had made contact with the corpse, coating the palm of his hands with its blood. "You...sick...fucking..son of a bitch!" The soldier screams at the stranger, fury burned into his gaze as he gets back into position behind his M2 Browning, gritting his teeth so angrily that it made his lips curl back, showing off his canines and bringing out the angered wrinkles on his snout and eyebrows.

Lt. General Hoffman was beyond perturbed. She didn't know what to even say at all. She just stood still, wide-eyed at what just happened—but then—her expression shifted to wrath.

"Enough of this!" cried Lt. General Hoffman, raising her arm and swinging it down. "On my orders!" She yelled, preparing to swing her arm down. The cocking and aiming of weapons and machine guns are all being sought by the stranger. "Fire at will!" She ordered, swinging her arm down. And right away—or as expected due to Lt. General Hoffman's orders—the entire base started firing at the stranger. "Take this you son of a bitch!" She shrieked, her thundering interjection being rearranged with the loud conflagration of the weaponry around us. The stranger just stood there, accepting the number of bullets being fired at him. Even when they were penetrating his skin from underneath his suit, he still stood right where he was standing, though his body shook with each bullet that hit him and blood was spewing out of the bullet holes, he still stood like a frozen statue in winter. What troubled me was that the company of M2 Browning operators was firing at him within point-blank range, but even when he was getting hit with a .50 BMG which could have been going at exactly 3,029 ft/s, he stood completely motionless without even dropping to the ground dead. "Oh, you got to be fucking kidding me! There's no way this guy is just fucking taking it like a champ!" I scream, not believing what he was seeing. "See?! What did we tell you?! This motherfucker is taking every bullet we throw at him!" Hogan says to Annika who snarled at him, "Man, just shut the fuck up and continue firing!" She orders him as we all assist in trying to shoot the stranger down. "Man, you guys were right! This guy can't be a human!" Sloan screamed, firing .50 BMG rounds from her DSR-50 at the stranger, but even her bullets didn't do any form of damage to him. "Who cares if they were right or wrong?!" Ruth shouts at Sloan while keeping her eyes on the stranger, firing at him continuously. "She's got a point Sloan—bickering about it won't do us any good!" Alice says to Sloan as everyone continued to fire at the stranger.