Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: Training Yard Trouble

Vhaela Targaryen 

It has been a moon since Daeron has since left King's Landing. With him gone his brothers have grown more chaotic if that was even possible. The two have been having a hard time with each other. It was mostly Aegon's fault.

He could be a real prick.

Especially when it came to Aemond. No matter how many times the queen would scold him it would not stop his torment of his brother. I knew I would be bound to stop it sooner rather than later. How I was not sure yet.

Helaena sits on one side of her chamber while I sit on one of her couches. I pick my head up from the current book I am reading to watch her inspect her insects. This one was quite long and slender with tons of small legs.

I ask, "What kind is that?"

She responds without a look back at me "It is a millipede."

Helaena then turns toward me with a small smile as the millipede crawls all over her hand. My eyes scrunch together at the sight of the bug. I set down my heavy book in Valryian and head toward the stair she sets on.

I come around to one side and lower myself on the step.

Looking down at the bug I ask, "Does it tickle?"

Helaena lets out a small laugh at my question and nods her head "It does a little, yes. Would you like to hold it?"

A questionable look appears on my face as I look back down at the bug. I then direct my eyes back to Helaena whose eyes gleam with hope.

Reluctantly I nod "Okay."

She moves the millipede toward me with her hand. We connect hands with each other by holding our palms flat side by side. The long bug then makes its way to my hand slowly. The feeling of its tiny legs on my palm does indeed tickle.

A smile forms on my face as I try to hold in my laughter. Helaena looks at me in wonder and then back to the bug as it crawls all over my hand. It moves to try to escape from my grasp, so I move my hand back to Helaena's.

She accepts the bug and quickly moves it around in her hand allowing it to travel freely. The sound of the door opening pulls both of our attention away from the bug. At the entrance is the queen who shares a smile at the view of us.

Her smile slightly wavers at the sight of the bug in Helaena's hand. She slowly approaches us and makes her way to the other side of Helaena.

As she makes her way to sit with us, she asks "What are you two girls talking about?"

Helaena gives glances toward her mother and says showing her hand "My millipede."

"He tickles," I say with a laugh.