Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Three: An Unknowing Change

Vhaela Targaryen

The bright sun shines through my windows and my room. As light blares through my room, my eyes flutter open. With a heavy sigh, my mouth opens to let out a yawn. After the chaos that I endured last night, the morning sun was a welcomed sight.

I hastily flipped the covers off me and walked towards the window. My eyes narrow at the brightness of the sun. It seems that today is going to be a clear and beautiful day. With the sky being a light blue and not a hint of a cloud in the sky.

Today we will finally be heading back home to King's Landing. Even though Aemond tamed Vhagar this trip was pretty much awful the entire time. I wanted to go back to the peace and quiet of the keep. To my home.

A light knock on the door has my head turning towards it. A servant enters with my dress folded in her arms. I smile as I see the bronze and black dress. The two colors that signified my family's houses. But more importantly, my mother's house.

The servant quickly helps me get into the dress. I smile and thank her as she does. Nothing would ever get done without servants. I owe them my gratitude tenfold. She tightens the strings that adorn my back from the dress.

At that moment I did not appreciate her. It was far too tight.

Once she finishes getting me inside the dress, I bid her away. With the bow of her head, she turns around and exits the door. I then wander over to my dresser which holds a small mirror on top. A brush sits right next to it, and I pick it up.

I began to run the brush down my silver hair. It flows down smoothly before hitting a knot. With a small yank, I get it out, causing my head to go down with the brush. I continue to brush around my head in small strokes.

With each stroke, it ends toward my belly button. My hair bounces freely in soft curls from the braids I slept in the night prior. I then set the brush down and began to run my fingers through my hair. I smile as I feel the softness of my hair with each stroke.

Then the sound of knocking makes me turn towards the door. My eyes softly squint at the intrusion before the door abruptly opens. My eyes furrow harshly at the intruder. The sight of my father in the entryway of my chamber sparks anger in me.

As he looks at me, his eyes are soft. Which only sparks further rage in me. I hastily get up out of my chair and rush towards him.

"Get out!" I yell at him.

I hear a light sigh exit from him. His eyes wandered through the soft curls in my silver hair. It was exactly the same shade as his own which makes a scowl form on my lips. I had forgotten how much I had actually looked like him. It was scary.

He softly says "Vhaela please."

My eyes slightly soften at his soft beg. But I don't let him see and I turn away from him swiftly. I make my way across the room trying to get as much distance as possible from him. His heavy footsteps echo through the chamber.