Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Lessons

Vhaela Targaryen 

During this past moon turn, I have been hanging out with Helaena and away from her brothers at my father's request. We often found ourselves hidden in Helaena's room with her mother teaching us how to sew. From the short time that I have known the queen, I have found her wonderfully nice.

She has shown me her patients as she taught me the art of sewing. The queen reminds me a lot of my mother. Whenever I would think of my late lady mother, I often found myself rushing to Helaena's room to be with the two.

Although she didn't share Helaena's and my light silver hair, she was still remarkably beautiful. With long braids that adjourn her lovely brown hair. Often when I grew tired of sewing, she would let me practice my braids in her hair.

Along with keeping company with Helaena, I have taken up learning High Valyrian as my father has wished for. My time studying the language was a joyous one. There were hardly any dull moments for my enthusiasm for the language of my ancestors was great.

Sometimes my father would stop by and check in on the progress that I have made as the days go by. He was always in the mood to talk about the traditions of our family. He taught me all the ways of our ancestors of Old Valyria.

There was never a time I did not wish to be with him.

I then zone back into my lesson with a maester as he says in High Valryian "Issa riñnykeā rȳbagon." (My lady listen.)

My eyes return to his own as he asks "Skoros iksos mirros ao investragon nykeā zaīdrIzes?" (What is something you say to a dragon)

"Gīda se dohaeris issa." I say to the maester (Calm and obey me)

The maester gives me a nod of approval and a soft smile. He then turns back to his giant book and looks over it. Following along with the same copy of the book he asks me to read it to him. And I do so until the sun reaches its highest peak in the sky.

By that time our lessons are over, and I make my way outside of my father's study. I rush out the door only to crash into Aemond. The force knocks me onto the floor, and it only makes Aemond step back.

His eyes widen in terror, and he rushes his hand down to help me up. I take his hand in my own as he hoists me up from the ground. When I am at his level, I smoothen out my dress to fix it from the fall.

With my hand still in his, I yank it away swiftly and give him a warning glare. He looks taken aback by my sudden hostility. I move my eyes around the entrance of my father's study and look to see if anyone else is lurking.