Chapter One - The Beginning

Jordyn's POV

.
.
.

   Before we get too crazy into this story, maybe I should start by telling you how it all had happened.

   The dead had come back and the world went to hell, literally. Rick Grimes, my uncle who was also a cop had gotten shot one day while responding to a call. There had been an extra man in the car, which none of the other officers had known until it was too late. Shane was Rick's best friend, and his right hand.

   He had broken the news to Rick's wife Lori one afternoon while she was picking us up from school. Carl was twelve at the time of the outbreak, I had just turned seventeen.

   Seeing Lori stand there with Shane that day had my anxiety through the roof, you could tell something had gone wrong.

   We visited Rick almost everyday, until we couldn't. Shane rushed to Rick's house the first night it started and rushed us to get packed. He wouldn't tell us why, but that we had to go and now. I was living with Rick and Lori, my dad, Rick's brother was never home and my mom had passed when I was only four. Rick cared for me as his own daughter.

   We were backed up on the highway trying to leave, Rick was still lying in the hospital and we couldn't do a damn thing. Shane and Lori had run ahead to see what the commotion was. Carl and I had met a girl, Sophia and her mom and dad, Carol and Ed. Ed seemed to be a whole asshole to Carol.

   When Lori and Shane returned they were visibly upset and wouldn't tell us why, we just kept driving.

   Days later we ended up with other people by the quarry in Atlanta. Carol, Sophia, and Ed were there too. I had met some other people who I grew to like having around. Dale, Glenn, T-Dog Andrea and her sister Amy, Jim and his family, a few others too. There was one that had caught my attention, Daryl Dixon. With him was his brother Merle, who from what I learned was a prick.

  I lost track of the days we were there. The quarry was a quiet place, there were a few walkers here and there coming in from the woods but nothing we couldn't handle. A few members from the group had gone into the city on a run. Carl, Sophia, and I were doing "home" school. Carol and Lori thought it was good for us to learn, even with the world going to shit. I had picked up on Lori and Shane's fling they had going. It pissed me off to no end, she didn't even know for sure if Rick was dead, now here she was screwing his best friend.

   A car alarm blaring through the sky had caught everyone's attention, the group was back from their run, but why the noise? When Glenn jumped out of the red car, Dale yelled at him to turn it off. Everyone had returned safely, minus Merle which in my opinion wasn't a terrible idea, no offense to Daryl.

   What had caught my eye was Glenn ushering a new face to come meet everyone. Low and behold it was Rick. "Holy shit! Uncle Rick!" I cried as I ran to him, Carl and Lori following suit. I could feel Shane's glare on Rick the second he stepped into the light.

   After a tragic night at the quarry, we had to leave. We had tried the CDC, but to no luck it was a dead end. The man there, Jenner told us there was no cure and later planned to kill himself and anyone else that wanted to stay.

   We traveled for a while after that until we came across a highway packed with cars, the RV needed to be fixed and we needed a break. We scrounged around the cars while Dale fixed the RV. Well that was till the herd for walkers came piling through. Rick rushed us under the cars, Carl and I rolled under the same car, Sophia to our side, Lori and Carol to the other and Rick close by.

   Once we thought they had cleared through, Sophia tried to get out but two walkers had ran her into the woods and Rick chased not far behind. Though when Rick came back a while later, Sophia was nowhere to be found. We had spent days looking for her and always came up empty.

   While out looking for her Carl was shot. Rick and Shane had taken him to Hershel Greenes farm. This is where Shane had started to get weird. He was more aggressive, I believe he killed Otis one of Hershel's family members.

   Carl survived thanks to Hershel and his people. We found Sophia as a walker in his barn, unknown to him. Lori was pregnant, and didn't know if the father was Rick or Shane.

   We were doing good on the farm, until the night the herd came through. The same night Rick killed Shane, had he not Rick wouldn't be here and it would've been a whole hell of a lot worse. The herd came through and split us all up. Carl, Rick, Hershel, and i arrived back at the highway from before.

   Thankfully the others did too. We spent months on the road until we found the Prison, Lori was just about to have her baby too. The prison was overrun but we slowly took out the walkers in the yard, and each day we took the prison as our own.

   And this is where our story begins, where things had picked up with Daryl as well.