THIRTEEN

Yay here we are! Where things start to change.
Please leave me a comment on which part is your favourite.
Again thank you for every read!!!!

_____________________________________________

"SLOW DOWN LEXY! BANK RIGHT!" Sam's voice yelled out in my ear piece and I tried to bank, tried to slow down. "FUUUCK!" I screamed out as I pulled the wings in, not a moment before I crashed into the canopy of the trees, tumbling down, taking some horrible hits as the branches slowed my fall and I landed with a thud on my back. "LEXY! LEXY!"

"I'm fine Sam." I groaned, staring up at the sky as he flew over. "Bucky I can't get to her." I heard him say slightly panicked. "I'm fine. Just give me a sec." I grumbled in reply. Suddenly Bucky's face blocked my view and I pouted as he smiled. "She's fine Sam. We'll be out in a bit." He said gruffly, looking up at the sky before he extended his hand to me. I took it, getting up carefully and making sure nothing was broken before I smacked Bucky's chest.

"Hey." He frowned at me. I turned and made for the treeline, for the clearing, ignoring him. "This is definitely not as easy as it looks." I huffed, disappointed in myself that I hadn't mastered it instantly. "And no one expected you to be a professional straight away Lex. But you knew to fold them in before you hit the trees, you got the instincts." Bucky fell into step next to me and I forced a smile as we made it out and Sam rushed over.

"Don't you dare." I held my hand up at him before I moved past him enough to clear them both before I took off again. "Lexy you need to rest." Sam called out but I just went higher, blocking him out as I felt the wind rush passed me. Then I carefully banked left, feeling the change before I slowed down and banked right. Ah thats it. I smiled to myself as I felt my body link up with the wings.

Don't fight it, move with it, become the wings. I continued to bank, left and right as I flew over the base before I turned around and repeated it. 20 laps, from end to end I'd done silently, feeling it become second nature before I dropped my altitude and landed carefully, running with it slightly in front of Sam. "Stubborn." He grunted, shooting back into the sky. Bucky smiled softly at me before pointing to Sam and I grinned widely as I took off.

"Alright miss falcon. Try these." Sam huffed and I groaned dramatically next to him. "Ahh no. You were falcon. You still are, and cap too...I can't be called that." I followed him, watching his movements and tried to copy them. I dropped quickly during one as my wings folded up and I screamed before throwing my arms out and catching myself before I hit the ground. "Nice save." Bucky praised me and I saluted him as I headed back up to where Sam was.

We spent hours up there, working through drills and movements. I wasn't exceptional but I wasn't terrible either. Sam was proud that I didn't give up, didn't shy away after each crash, or when I got something wrong and even though I was exhausted, I was so bloody proud of myself.

I ate quickly before heading off for the night. I desperately needed a shower and to check how badly bruised I was. It wasn't too bad. My ribs were bruised again, I had a big one where I'd landed on my back, my cheek was slightly swollen and cut and apart from those I was just sore all over.

The knock on my door pulled me from my head. "Yeah?" I called out. "Just me." Bucky replied quietly as he opened the door slightly, not entering. "I'm decent Bucky you can come in." I giggled slightly as he stepped in, eyes on the ground. "If you're here to pester me about today, please save it. I do not have the energy for it."

He raised his head and scoffed slightly, leaning back on the door while I dropped to my bed, holding my side as I laid down. I saw the look on his face, the narrowing of his brows. "Bruised." I grumbled quietly and he moved over, sitting at my feet. A smile played on his lips and I frowned, until he held up his hoodie and I huffed.