ELEVEN

UPDATE!!!!!
Here we go our girl finally jumps in!
Also please comment with suggestions, ideas or guesses with whats possibly coming. I'd love to hear them.
Or simply if you're enjoying this story.

_____________________________________________

Bucky took us back to his place and I felt his mood change the moment we were down the road. I sat silently for a while, letting him brood before I opened my mouth. "Bucky." I mumbled bu didn't get to say anymore before he grabbed my knee, squeezing it gently.

"I'm not happy about this." He grumbled. "At all Lexy. You just asked Sam to throw you into this shit storm." I saw his face darken softly before he turned to me briefly and I saw the fear in his eyes. I raised a brow at his hand and he pulled it back to himself. Twice now he'd done that.

"Don't. Don't look at me like that…I'm not weak." I replied sternly and his eyes went back to the road. "I understand you're worried. But you know it'll be a desk job. I won't be in the field." I sighed because I knew that would be the case, I had no formal training, I wasn't some magical being or God. I was just a 32 year old woman. 

He said no more and as we pulled up, he still remained quiet, even when we got inside and I dropped to the couch while he fussed around upstairs. He was confusing me far too much. We'd been so distant with each other yet today, he'd been so, cautious with me, touchy but now he was back to being distant. I was going to get whiplash.

20 minutes went by before he came downstairs and sat next to me. I turned to him, worried and concerned. He sighed deeply before he handed me a set of knives, daggers to be precise. I picked them up and studied them closely, admiring them but my faze went back to Bucky.

"If you're serious about this…then I will do my best to train you in every way I can." He said simply and I smiled widely at him. Quick as a flash he pulled one from my hand and held it to my throat. "First lesson." I rolled my eyes then raised a brow at him. He frowned slightly before I poked him gently.

His eyes darted down, then widened as realised I was holding the other knife to his balls. "Never let your guard down." I whispered in reply and he chuckled softly as he looked back up at me. "Dangerous." He said gruffly and I smirked.

I grabbed his hand holding the knife at my throat and removed it from his grip before I carefully removed mine from his balls and sheathed them both. "I'm glad you're on board with this, even if you're worried about me." I said seriously, placing the blades on the coffee table.

Bucky leant back, his left arm perched up on the back of the couch and I pulled my legs up, folding them in front of me. "I've missed this." I said softly. His face dropped and I knew, he knew what I meant. "I get it. I did kinda lose my shit with you." I sighed, pulling my legs up and dropped my head to the back of couch.

I smiled softly, closing my eyes and let myself relax, stretching out and placed my feet on the coffee table. A shiver ran down my body when Bucky brushed a finger over my cheek. "What are you doing?" I asked quietly, my heart racing and my voice nearly cracking.

He gently brushed his finger down my cheek again and my brows furrowed as I bit back the whimper trying to leave my throat. "Buck." I croaked, feeling my body heat. My eyes opened and I rolled my head slightly, looking up at those beautiful blue eyes.

"Why did you grab my knee at lunch?" I asked bluntly. Truth be told that tiny act had been running through my head since he'd done it. It made no sense. Apart from blocking my kicks and punches, we hadn't touched each other for the last 4 days.

"And why did you ignore that waitresses advances? Actually why the fuck did she flip? Like freak out?" I questioned him, frowning deeply and he smiled crookedly before sitting up and leant forward, elbows on his knees. "I told you, people still see this and think of him." He waved his left hand. Oh right. The winter soldier.