THIRTY-FOUR

WARNING - MENTIONS OF S/A & ANXIETY ATTACKS

_____________________________________________

Bucky's smile had me melting.

"So you're not like, freaked out by that?" I asked nervously. He might look happy about what I'd said but that didn't mean he was and I just wanted to know if I'd now lost my best friend, or made it awkward. He scrunched his face, looking at me like I was crazy and I stopped rocking on my heels.

He lifted my chin gently, one finger pressed into the soft flesh and I felt another shiver run down my spine, felt my cheeks heat up and my breath began to shallow out. He ran his thumb over my lips softly and I gasped slightly, noticing the way his pupils dilated at that.

"Tell me again." He whispered, biting his lip softly as he gazed at me and I smiled weakly, trying to hold myself together. He wanted me to say it again. "I...love...you." I replied softly, his thumb still gently pressed to my bottom lip and his shoulders tensed slightly as he slowly inched forward humming approvingly.

I giggled slightly before I slipped from his arms, going to the bed and jumped onto it backwards, leaning up on my elbows while I watched him. He straightened up, a smirk on his face as he moved towards me, his shoulders rolling with tension before he stopped at the edge of the bed, and I sat up, smiling cheekily.

His fingers twitched by his sides and I noticed how he watched my every move, like a predator watching its prey. Anyone else watching me like that would make me sick but not him, not Bucky. I moved forward to him on my knees and he leant down, so close before he flicked my forehead. "Asshole." I giggled, grumbling slightly as I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him to me.

He held himself over me as I laid on my back and I grinned stupidly as I patted his cheek. "Are you ok?" I asked him quietly, tugging on his shirt and he smiled softly as he leant forward to me, letting me pull him down. "You love me...I'm more than ok Lexy." He replied quietly, and I leant up, grabbing his shoulders as I kissed him deeply.

He met me with just as much urgency, lowering us to the bed before he shuffled slowly, leaning on his forearms and I felt his weight on my stomach, between my legs, that pressure, the feeling of-

I shoved him off me, moving to the far corner of the bed and held myself tightly, breathing deeply,  trying not to let the panic set in because it was Bucky! He wouldn't hurt me.

"Lexy? What did I do? Did I hurt you?" He asked frantically, his voice laced with panic and I shook my head as I looked over at him. The look he gave me, when he saw my face. That was the same possessive and dangerous look he'd given me when he spotted me trying to get into my apartment after my run in with Jason. He knew.

"What did he do to you?" He asked, growling lowly and I shook my head again as I pulled the sheet over my legs, trying to hide the evidence but he noticed and reached over, ripping the sheet from me, his nostrils flaring as he saw the bruises, the cuts on my inner thighs. "He hurt you...he fucking hurt you!" I stared at him, not scared, but surprised. He was furious, seeing red actually.

He got off the bed, running his hands through his hair as he paced. His chest puffed and his shoulders were rolling with so much tension I thought he would actually snap. I began to panic, not for me but for him. He'd never been this unhinged and I was worried if he didn't calm down he'd hurt himself. Or someone else. "Bucky." I called to him and he spun, his eyes wide as he stared at me. "Look at me...look at me." I said softly as I got up, moving carefully to him.

I stopped just short of him and he dropped his hands, clenching them as he looked at me. "He hurt you." He repeated, his voice breaking and I sighed, nodding softly. I grabbed his face quickly as he went to react, glaring at him intently. "Yes. He hurt me...and he will pay ok. But right now I need you to calm down...please." He shook, his anger boiling out of him and I smiled softly.