【𝟏𝟐】

[Italicized text indicates Valyrian speech.]

"Aemond!"

"Shut up!"

Levana trailed behind the blonde prince as he climbed the hill towards where Vhagar rested.

"You can't do this," Levana panted, "they're going to be angry at you!"

"If you're afraid, head back, Levana."

"Vhagar is my Aunt Laena's dragon," The princess huffed, "Rhaena is to be Vhagar's next rider."

Aemond turned to the princess and glared, "if you don't want to help me, Levana, go back."

"I don't want to leave you, Aemond," Levana stated as tumbled slightly, "I don't want you to go alone but this is still wrong."

The young prince turned to her and raised an eyebrow before taking a couple of steps back to help Levana up the hill, "you need to be more careful."

Aemond offered his arm to her which she took as they slowly made their way toward where Vhagar rested.

"Do you think she'll accept me as a rider?" Aemond asked as Levana smiled, "she will accept you, Aemond, just as Vermithor accepted me," she stated as they slowed their steps to gaze upon the large size of the dragon just inches away from them.

"Aemond, this is as far as I can go," Levana stated, "you will have to approach Vhagar alone."

The prince looked at her with a worried expression on his face to which Levana pinched his cheeks too, "the commands ar--"

"Serve," Aemond cut her off as the princess smiled, "don't forget the command to calm her down, yes?" she asked as the former nodded his head.

"The command for fly, as well," Levana reminded, "once you mount Vhagar, I'll summon Vermithor and follow you in the sky."

"You won't leave me, will you?" Aemond asked as Levana smiled, "I'll be by your side," she assured as the prince nodded and made his way to the dragon.

Levana watched intently as Aemond began to make his way toward the dragon. From where she was standing, she could see that he had his first attempts at approaching the dragon which Vhagar didn't seem too interested in him.

The princess' eyes widened as she saw Vhagar open her mouth; she could see the flames in her mouth beginning to form - it reminded her of when Vermithor did the same to her when he claimed him. She was about to shout to Aemond to get away but she heard the prince's loud commands of serve.

In a matter of minutes, Aemond had mounted the dragon and commanded it to fly. Levana watched excitedly as the prince began his first flight. She jumped up and down to wave at him before running down to the beach where Vermithor was laying at rest.

"Vermithor," Levana called as her dragon raised its head slightly before moving his position so that the young princess could mount him.

"Fly," Levana commanded as Vermithor spread his wings and took to the skies, following after Vhagar. From a distance, the princess could see Aemond successfully getting on the saddle; she smiled at the achievement and watched in awe as the prince flew on the largest dragon in the world.

It was as if Aemond was destined to be on dragonback.

"Higher, Vermithor!" Levana said as she patted her dragon who heeded her command to fly higher, just so they could keep up with Vhagar.

"Are you seeing this, Levana?" Aemond shouted, "yes, I can see you, Aemond!" she shouted back as Vermithor flew to the side of Vhagar.

"The world sees you, Aemond."