【𝟕𝟗】

“Once Daemon secures Harrenhal, we will move to secure King’s Landing.”

“How sure are we of the number in Harrenhal, Your Grace?” Lord Bartimos asked as Rhaenyra turned to him with an assuring smile. 

“We have eyes on the inside,” Rhaenyra stated, “we are to trust Daemon’s sources within Levana’s camp for now.”

“How can we be so sure that the information is true?” Corlys raised a brow, “surely he would need to have someone within the Queen’s council to even have access to this information.” 

“He does,” Rhaenyra affirmed, “we just have to trust him right now.”

Jacaerys leaned against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. Baela stood next to him as the Queen began to instruct the council of their plans.

“You have been silent since you arrived from the Gullet, Jacaerys,” Baela sighed, “I know that it is hard to accept what happened to Aegon and Viserys but I am with you.” 

“It’s not that,” Jacaerys responded, “it’s Ana.” 

Baela looked at him in shock, “you encountered Ana?”

Jacaerys nodded.

“How is she?” Baela asked, “is she well?” 

The Velaryon prince turned to his betrothed with a smile. He knew how much Baela and Rhaena cared for his sister. Jacaerys nodded a response, “she is well but heavily pregnant.” 

“She should be close to term by now,” Baela sighed deeply, “I worry for Ana.” 

“She won’t like that,” Jacaerys chuckled slightly, “she dislikes it when we worry for her, remember?” 

“Levana is our sister, Jacaerys,” Baela said, “no matter what anyone says.” 

“She told me that our father and grandmother are alive,” the prince whispered, “and I trust my sister to tell the truth no matter what.” 

“Does your mother know?” 

Jacaerys shook his head, “quite frankly, you’re the first to know because you are my betrothed and I trust you.” 

“What do you intend to do with what you know?” Baela asked, “will you join your sister’s cause?” 

Jacaerys thought for a while.

“I love my sister and I respect the cause that she has,” Jacaerys looked toward his mother and took a deep breath, “but I am all that my mother has left to her support.” 

Baela was slightly disappointed at his response but she also acknowledged the difficult position that he was in. She held Jacaerys’ hand in hers and squeezed it tightly; the prince turned to her with an earnest smile.

“Whatever you decide, I will be with you,” Baela said, “and I will fly wherever you will.” 

Jacaerys nodded as he turned his attention back to the meeting, listening to the details and devising a plan of his own. There were many factors that he needed to consider if he were to join his older sister - for one, he needed to retrieve Joffrey and Rhaena from the Vale as well - that alone was a difficult task. But then there was the escape from Dragonstone that he would have to administer. 

It wouldn’t be so hard if he were alone but he wanted to take Baela with him. Such needed to be planned accordingly and he needed time. 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━