【𝟏𝟕】

Weeks after the loss of her father, Levana spent most of her time with Vermithor at the beach. While she spent most of her life in the Red Keep and King's Landing, she always found solace near the ocean. Maybe it was her Velaryon blood or her father always made it a point to bring her to the ocean whenever they flew to Driftmark.

The princess leaned her back against Vermithor as she watched Seasmoke from the distance. The dragon had lost his rider and spent most of his time keeping his distance from others - but he never felt threatened by Vermithor and Levana's presence. In fact, Levana thought that Seasmoke enjoyed their company.

"Levana!"

Levana turned her head to see her grandmother walking toward her. She got up from the sand and gave her dragon a couple of strokes before walking towards Princess Rhaenys and embracing her.

"A raven came from your mother," Princess Rhaenys began, "she's with Daemon in Dragonstone with your cousins and siblings."

Levana felt her heart sink. It seems that her mother and Daemon managed to haul all of her siblings as well as Rhaena and Baela to Dragonstone but did not bother for her.

"She is asking for you," Princess Rhaenys stated, "your Grandsire is arranging an escort for you to Dragonstone."

Levana looked at Vermithor and shook her head, "I don't want to go."

"Levana," Rhaenys sighed, "I know how close you are to your father and the loss is too much for you but being with your remaining family will be for the best."

"You and Grandsire are family," Levana reminded, "can't I stay at Driftmark?"

Rhaenys sighed, "being with your mother will be better and your brothers need you."

Levana shook her head, "I won't go to Dragonstone," she said firmly, "my mother didn't even bother to take me with her in the first place."

Princess Rhaenys sighed, "your ship leaves in the mourn."

Levana watched as Princess Rhaenys began to walk away. She thought for a bit before catching up with her, "grandmother, I have a request."

"Anything, Levana," Rhaenys replied as Levana smiled. The older female furrowed her brows a bit, "I'm not going to enjoy this request, am I?" She asked as the little girl nodded sheepishly.

"Let's hear it then."

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

Lord Corlys looked at his wife from his seat and sighed, "do you know why she would think of requesting such a thing?"

Rhaenys shook her head as she looked into the fire, "you aren't planning on humoring her with the request are you, Lord Husband?"

The male thought for a while, "You know our granddaughter, she would never ask for anything unless she has a plan," he stated as Rhaenys chuckled.

"Such a conniving mind," Rhaenys said in amusement, "she's not even ten."

The Lord of the Tides chuckled as well before turning his attention to the fire, "I pity her," he began, "she need not see what became of her father."

"Laenor loved Levana," Rhaenys sighed, "they were inseparable," she continued before turning her head to face her husband.

"Yes," Corlys began, "I have half the mind to grant Levana's request," he revealed as Rhaenys chuckled in response.

"I had no doubt that you would," The princess stated, "you and Laenor had a bad habit of spoiling her."

The two laughed at the statement before Rhaenys sighed, "she's too young to make such a decision herself," she stated as Lord Corlys nodded, "but she has already made her choice."

"She came with a strong and valid argument," Corlys began, "we must also honor it."

"Regardless, Levana isn't even ten yet," Rhaenys interjected, "I fear that she may be too young to know what she wants."

Lord Corlys looked at his lap and sighed, "and yet she rides the Bronze Fury at this age."

"That bears no connection to the matter at hand," Rhaenys rolled her eyes before looking back at the fire and sighing.

"We are her grandparents," Rhaenys stated, "we cannot grant her requests as we are not her parents."

"But she was left in our care, Rhaenys," Lord Corlys pointed out, "and Levana made the decision herself and if such is her request, I am obliged to grant it."

"You are not obliged to grant anything," Rhaenys said, "you just want to further spoil your granddaughter."

"What do you think our son would do?"

Rhaenys rolled her eyes, "need I respond, Corlys?"

Lord Corlys nodded as his Lady Wife sighed, "he would grant the request because Levana has her reasons," she said as the Lord of the Tides nodded his head.

"I am left with no choice," Princess Rhaenys sighed, "I'll be part of her escort."

"You think that wise, Rhaenys?" Lord Corlys asked, "I refuse to let my granddaughter go alone," the princess responded.

"She's already suffered much of that in the few weeks that she's lost her father," Rhaenys began, "the same few weeks that her mother is wallowing in Dragonstone with Daemon Targaryen of all people."

"Do you blame Rhaenyra for our son's death?" Lord Corlys asked as his wife looked at him plainly, "do you think she has nothing to do with it?" She returned the question as the Lord of Driftmark pursed his lips.

For a moment, there was silence between the two. The cracking from the fire was the only thing that can be heard in the hall aside from the sound of the distant and slow crashing of the waves outside the castle.

"I will see to it that the Princess is packed and ready to leave by dawn," Rhaenys said as she stood up from her seat only to be stopped by Lord Corlys who held her hand in his.

"You tell Laenor and I that we spoil the princess and yet you are willing to escort her on her travels," Lord Corlys chuckled as Rhaenys smiled.

"She is the only memory of Laenor that I have left," Rhaenys looked at her husband with a sad smile, "gods be damned that I let that little girl go anywhere alone." 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

[A/N]

We've reached 7K so fast and thank you everyone for the support! :') I also added a link to my TikTok account on my profile so if ever it isn't accessible through a search, the link is there! Again, it's tiktok.com/@ateliereos !