【𝟐𝟒】

Time was, in many ways, an enemy to most. However, to Princess Levana, it was everything but that.

The princess stood on her dressing stool as Galatea and the other handmaidens fussed over the dresses that she would have to choose from for her Name Day. On her right, the Queen sat with her hands folded on her lap, observing the princess as she chose her dresses.

King Visersys was adamant that Princess Levana be given a grand celebration. Invitations were sent a month in advance so all those invited would be able to prepare for it adequately.

The celebration happened in a span of seven days. There was a hunt that spanned the first four days, a tourney on the fifth day, a small festival on the sixth day, and on the final day, there would be a grand feast.

This was the night of the feast that would then lead to the gazing of the Harvest Moon - it had been a family tradition to gather at the Godswood to gaze at the moon as it was at its highest during the night of Levana's Name Day.

For her tenth Name Day, the king wanted everyone to be able to gaze at the beauty of the moon - just as they were to gaze upon the beauty of his granddaughter.

"Levana, my child, this is the seventh dress," Queen Alicent stated as Levana puffed her cheeks before looking at all the dresses that were laid out on her bed.

"Do none of them really suit your taste?" Queen Alicent asked as Levana nodded shyly. With a small sigh, the Queen gestured for the handmaidens to fetch the other dresses made for the Princess.

"Levana, the feast will begin soon and we can't spend the entire day choosing a dress."

"What is Aemond wearing, Your Grace?" Levana asked, "if I cannot choose, I will choose one that would match him."

Queen Alicent smiled, "Levana, he is supposed to match with you," she responded, "it's your Name Day."

"Why not a sea green color?" Queen Alicent suggested, "to match with your Velaryon heritage."

Levana thought for a while. It was a color that her father always wore.

"Do we have a dress in gold?" Levana asked, "I know Grandsire would be wearing something of the sort!"

Just as Queen Alicent was about to stand to check on the dresses, Galatea came rushing in with a gold dress in hand. Levana's eyes widened at the sight and hopped off her dressing stool to approach her handmaiden who held out the dress to the princess with a smile.

"Where did this come from?" Queen Alicent asked as Levana took the dress from Galatea and stood in front of the mirror.

"It came from Princess Rhaenys, my Queen," Galatea began, "she said it was a dress that she had made for the princess."

Queen Alicent took a look at the dress and furrowed her brows. It was familiar to her but she couldn't seem to remember where she had seen it before.

"Can I please wear this?" Levana asked, "will Aemond be able to match if I wore this?"

Queen Alicent nodded, "I believe he does have attire of the same color."

Levana smiled brightly as she got back up on her dressing stool and held the dress out, "I would like to wear this dress, please!"

Queen Alicent took one look at the younger girl and nodded with a smile. She then looked towards Galatea, "please make sure that the princess is ready soon, I'll go see my son."

Galatea bowed her head as the Queen walked out of the room. Galatea turned towards Levana and noticed that the little girl was gone from her dressing stool. The dress was on the bed but the princess was nowhere to be found.