【𝟒𝟔】

Levana walked beside her mother into the dining room where their family waited. Aemond was by the end of the table talking to Aegon when they walked in; immediately, the Prince walked toward his wife, taking her hand in his and placing a kiss on her knuckles.

The princess turned to her mother who nodded with a small smile as Aemond whisked Levana away.

"You didn't have to do that," Levana whispered as Aemond smirked, "you looked uncomfortable and as your husband, it is my duty to ensure your comfort," he responded before placing a kiss on Levana's cheek.

The doors to the dining room opened once more to reveal guards, carrying the seat of the King. Those who were seated stood up in respect as the King was settled into his place beside Queen Alicent and Princess Rhaenyra.

Just as one of the helpers was to assist Levana with her seat, Aemond raised a hand, "I will assist her," he stated as Levana smiled and took a seat. Aemond pushed her chair closer to the table before taking his own seat beside her.

There was an unmistakable and familiar feeling of tension in the air as the King began to speak, "how good it is to see you all together tonight."

Queen Alicent turned towards the King with a small smile, "a prayer before we begin?"

The King nodded and the Queen cleared her throat. Levana placed her hands on the table while Aemond held one of his wife's hands in his. Levana smiled slightly as the Queen looked around the table before nodding.

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love," Queen Alicent began, "may the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for too long," she paused as sighed deeply.

"And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest."

There were a few moments of silence before the King lifted his head and began to speak, "this is an occasion for celebration it seems as my grandsons, Jace and Luke will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena - further strengthening the bond between our houses."

Levana looked toward his siblings and sisters with a smile. Jacaerys looked at his older sister and nodded to her as the King continued to speak.

"A toast to the young princes and their betrothed," the King stated as Levana raised her cup with her other hand, "here, here!"

"Well done, Jace," Aegon began, "you'll finally get to lie with a woman," he said.

"Aegon," Levana called, "not here."

"Let us toast as well to Prince Lucerys who will be the future Lord of the Tides and to Prince Jacaerys who will rule as the future Prince of Dragonstone."

"Here, here," Rhaenyra raised her glass to her sons as those around the table did the same.

"I have no doubt that you both will be great," Levana spoke as Aemond squeezed her hand before taking a sip from his own cup.

"I do hope that you know how the act is done," Aegon turned to Jacaerys, "at least in principle and where you put your cock and all that--"

"Leave it be, cousin," Baela responded.

"You can play the jester if you wish but hold your tongue in front of my betrothed," Jacaerys hissed as Aegon raised his hands in defeat before turning his attention back to his cup.

"An uncontrollable tongue," Levana sighed as Aemond chuckled, "you know how he is," he whispered before kissing Levana's cheek. He looked at the ring on his wife's finger with a smile as Levana looked at him warmly.

"It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table," King Visersys began as he slowly stood up from his chair, "the faces most dear to me in all the world yet grown so distant from each other in the years past."