【𝟖𝟑】

[Italicized text denotes Valyrian speech]

To say that Queen Levana was nervous was an understatement.

Levana trembled with anxiousness as tried her best to hold onto Vermithor's reins while keeping an eye on Silverwing and Cannibal. She knew that her dragons felt the terrible feeling that she did as well - she felt bad that they had to share her burden but there was nothing that they could do about it.

This was the truth about being a dragonrider.

"I know this too much to ask but I want to save Aemond," Levana sighed, "I want to save my husband because I want him to meet Rhaenys."

Vermithor bellowed, as if he was telling the Queen not to worry. Silverwing and Cannibal let out similar sounds as they tried to make the flight to Harrenhal faster. Levana was thankful for her dragons - especially Vermithor who had been with her since she was a child.

Throughout their time together, Levana has grown to recognize the different personalities that her dragons have - it was such a joy to watch.

Vermithor was the calmest of the three, though he remained a fearful front in the presence of those that he didn't know. Cannibal was just as calm but Levana often considered him to be the shyest as he often spent most of his time alone. Silverwing was the most docile of her dragons, she was gentle and very much approachable - even by other people.

Despite Cannibal being the largest among the three, Vermithor took the role of an alpha. Silverwing and Cannibal followed him well and Levana could trust in her dragons.

By the time that they got to Harrenhal, Levana first made sure that whatever was on the ground was dealt with. King Besian arrived on Grey Ghost much earlier than she did so he took care of the bulk of the forces. After giving her orders, Levana quickly directed her attention to the skies where she saw two unmistakable figures of dragons clashing against each other.

"I couldn't go near them," Besian stated, "the two dragons are too big for Grey Ghost."

Levana nodded, "stay on the ground and make sure that the Blacks don't reach the gates," she stated as Besian nodded. Vermithor then took to the skies with Cannibal and Silverwing following after him. The Queen studied the battle that was happening before her and thought of the best plan of attack that she could do to help Aemond.

She held the bow that Airell gave her tightly in her hand before retrieving an arrow from the quiver that was strapped to her body.

Levana never handled a sword. She never handled a bow. But by gods, she was willing to do whatever it took to save her husband.

The Queen directed her dragons to come from a farther direction to prevent Caraxes from sensing their arrival. She placed the bow into the arrow and pulled back the bowstring, taking a deep breath as she tried to find Daemon between the two figures. When she found him, she released the arrow, hoping that she would hit the right person.

She did.

"Eva!" Aemond shouted, "fall back!"

Levana shook her head as she disappeared into the skies, leaving Aemond to do the same. Daemon was left laughing to himself.

"I will take the both of you down first," Daemon said, "then I will take the heads of your dragons and deliver them to Rhaenyra."

"The only head that's going to be delivered to her will be yours!"

Cannibal shot down from the skies, crashing onto Caraxes as Silverwing tried to pull Daemon away from his dragon. Vhagar also joined the cluster, biting onto whatever part that she could reach on Caraxes.