【𝟓𝟗】

Rhaenyra watched the open sea with Ser Erryk by her side. Her sons would be flying to treat with the lords and ladies that she hopes would become their allies - she knew that they would be able to accomplish such feats but her heart was filled with worry for them still.

Jacaerys and Lucerys approached their mother. Both princes' were dressed in riding gear with a sword strapped to their waists. They bore the sigil of House Targaryen on their chest as well as the colors of the banners that they fly. 

Rhaenyra turned to her sons with scrolls in her hands, "it's been said that as Targaryens, we are closer to gods than to men," she chuckled slightly, "the Iron Throne puts us a touch closer, perhaps."

The two princes' smiled as their mother turned to the knight beside her, "if we are to serve the Seven Kingdoms, we must answer to their gods," she said as Ser Erryk held out the Book of the Seven for the princes' to see, "if you take this errand, you go as messengers and not as warriors." 

Ser Erryk approached the two princes, "you must take no part in any fighting," Rhaenyra said, "swear it to me now under the eyes of the Seven," she commanded as the two princes turned to each other.

"I swear it," Lucerys was the first to place his hand on the book. Jacaerys hesitated before sighing and placing his hand on the book as well, "I swear it." 

"Thank you," Rhaenyra nodded to the knight who took a step back. The Queen would then return her attention to her sons; she took a look at the scrolls in her hands before addressing them, "Cregan Stark is close to your age than to mine," she turned to Jacaerys and held out his scroll, "I would hope, that as men, you may be able to find some common interest." 

The prince accepted the scroll, "yes, your Grace." 

Lucerys took a step forward; Rhaenyra looked at him with a reassuring smile, "Storm's End is a short flight from here," she stated, "you have Baratheon blood from your grandmother, Rhaenys, and Lord Borros is an eternally proud man who would be honored to host a prince of the realm and his dragon," she said as she held her son's hand tightly in hers before placing the scroll upon it. 

"I trust that both of you will receive a warm welcome," Rhaenyra nodded at Jacaerys and Lucerys. 

“Your Grace,” Lucerys spoke up, “what if we encounter Ana?” 

Rhaenyra’s eyes softened slightly, “then you shall extend to her an offer of a sanctuary with us.” 

“And Aemond?” Jacaerys raised a brow. 

“You are to offer the same to him,” Rhaenyra stated, “he is very much in love with your sister and I doubt that he would want to be separated from her.” 

Jacaerys and Lucerys nodded at each other. The Black Queen looked at her sons proudly before smiling at them, "go to it then." 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

The journey to Storm’s End proved to be easy enough for Aemond, Vhagar, and Vermithor - though, Levana was already starting to feel the effects of her pregnancy. She wasn’t as alert as she’d like and she wasn’t as fast as she liked - maybe it was the sign of an impending storm that made her lethargic but Aemond tried his best to fly by her side, much to the distaste of Vermithor who repeatedly tried to attack Vhagar. 

Levana and Aemond arrived just before the first drops of rain. Aemond unmounted from Vhagar first so he could help Levana unmount from her own dragon. The princess insisted that she could still do and the prince allowed her to unmount slowly without his assistance. A small entourage of soldiers approached them as the princess hopped off her dragon.