【𝟗𝟏】

Levana stood in front of Harrenhal's Painted Table as her council hung their heads low. It's been an hour or two since Besian delivered news that Galatea and Nandor went to infiltrate King's Landing - no one had answers that the Gold Queen was looking for and it seems as though they are running out of time.

"What did Galatea tell you when you saw her last?" Rhaenys asked as she looked at Besian who sighed.

"She took a horse," Besian revealed, "she said that she was going to scout the nearby areas and I asked why she wouldn't be taking Seasmoke when it would be faster but she reasoned that it would be more inconspicuous if she went on horseback."

"And Ser Nandor?" Levana looked at Ser Harrold who shrugged.

"Ser Nandor said that he was going to make a tally of our troops," Ser Harrold said, "he disappeared shortly after we arrived."

An audible sigh came from the Queen as she looked at the Painted Table; her eyes glossing over the Crownlands. For a moment, Levana drowned out the noise of chatter that came from her Small Council - she needed to think of a next move.

And in her mind, she knew that her decision would be crucial.

"We need to create a diversion," Levana spoke, "one that would be enough to extract Galatea and Nandor from the capital while not doing too much harm to the people of King's Landing."

"How many soldiers do you propose to bring?" Airell asked, "adding to that, we also need to know how many troops Aegon has."

"We can't bring that much either," Rhaenys said, "we'll benefit more if we have less numbers if we just want to extract Ser Nandor and Galatea."

"For what reason do they have to infiltrate King's Landing?" Laenor asked as Levana turned to her father.

"Helaena and Queen Alicent."

"Why would they...?" Besian trailed off as Levana turned to him.

"That was supposed to be your husband, Queen Levana," Nesrin looked up from the table, "he was supposed to be the one to infiltrate the capital."

"You think this is my fault?" Levana asked, "I gave a specific directive that no one was to do this and yet they've disobeyed my orders."

"It doesn't make sense to me that they would go," Besian leaned against his chair, "they have no attachment to Queen Alicent and Helaena or her children."

"What if they went because it would be the right thing to do?" Laenor said, "isn't that what our cause is all about?"

Levana turned to her father as the door opened to reveal Maester Priamos with Aemond in tow. The two males entered the chamber of the Small Council as Laenor followed the prince with his gaze. Aemond stayed by the door just beside Ser Harrold as the maester approached Levana.

"Grand Maester," Levana greeted as Priamos took a deep breath as he leaned close to the Queen.

"We've received correspondence from Galatea," Priamos began, "they were able to infiltrate King's Landing and are presently finding a way to remove Queen Helaena and the Dowager Queen from the capital."

"Did Galatea explain why?" Levana asked but the maester shook his head plainly.

"How did they send a raven?" Besian asked, "did they carry one with them?"

"It seems so," Priamos replied, "but when I checked with the maesters of Harrenhal, only one raven was missing and it was the one that arrived from King's Landing."

"The only other people who know how to navigate those passages are dead," Levana said, "the assailants who killed my children, the White Worm, and Larys Strong."

"Don't forget Daemon," Laenor said, "but he's dead as well."

"No one other than Ser Nandor and Galatea knows how to navigate through the tunnels," Levana sighed, "the best we can do is to assign troops at our borders and around God's Eye."

"If you would allow me, Your Grace," Aemond stepped forward, "I will take Vhagar and patrol the perimeter of God's Eye myself."

Rhaenys looked at Aemond with a raised brow, "a splendid idea."

"No," Levana said plainly, "Harrenhal needs you to stay."

"Ana," Laenor turned his attention to his daughter, "we have more than enough dragons to protect Harrenhal."

"Besian is going back to Pyke in the morrow," Levana reasoned, "we'll be one dragon short."

"But still five dragons strong," Laenor responded, "we can manage without Prince Aemond."

"God's Eye is just a stone's throw away from the stronghold," Rhaenys said, "should the prince encounter any trouble, he will be able to return to Harrenha;."

The Queen took a deep breath before looking up at Aemond, "are you sure about this?"

"It would be an honor to serve you, My Queen," Aemond bowed. When Levana only responded with silence, the prince lifted his head up to look at his wife who looked at him with a face of sadness and worry.

"I will be careful," Aemond vowed, "I'll leave your brothers alone too should I encounter them."

Laenor looked at Aemond with disdain, "I have no more intention of losing another son to you."

"Father," Levana snapped her head to look at Laenor, "I have explained to you so many times that what happened to Lucerys was Vhagar's doing and not Aemond."

"He should have better control of his dragon."

"The idea that we control dragons is an illusion," Levana said with conviction, "my Grandsire, King Viserys, would always tell me that."

Laenor kept silent.

"Even if I am bonded with Cannibal, Vermithor, and Silverwing," the Queen took a deep breath, "they can kill me if they wanted to."

"Are you talking back to your own father now?" Laenor asked.

"Father or not," Levana sighed, "you know what I mean."

There was a short pause before Levana turned to Aemond again, "take Vhagar and head to God's Eye but please, for the sake of our daughter, stay out of trouble."

Aemond chuckled before bowing his head again and leaving the room. Rhaenys chuckled as she turned to her son who looked at his daughter in disbelief.

"I'm shockingly impressed," Laenor chuckled to himself, "I was not expecting you to respond to me like that."

"Well, she is the Queen," Nesrin spoke up, "and her authority has always been one that I admire since she was crowned."

"We need to stop looking at the past now if we are to move along with the present," Levana said, "he will be the king, father, whether you like it or not."

"His title matters less as long as you are seated on the throne," Laenor responded, "after you, the one who is next in power is your grandmother."

"Unless Ana plans to give the same power to Aemond," Rhaenys took a sip from her goblet of wine, "then I wouldn't be so sure, my son."

"I intend to make him an adviser," Levana said. "I will have him, Galatea, and you, father."

"I would normally advise against it," Laenor sighed, "but since you are the Queen, it is not in my place to go against you."

Levana chuckled and walked beside her father. She placed a kiss on the top of her father's head before looking at her Small Council who were chatting among themselves.

It was only a matter of time before things changed.