【𝟑𝟗】

Levana couldn't look at her mother the entire banquet after their confrontation. While they both tried to maintain a civil front, the princess knew that her siblings and her husband could sense the tension between them.

Queen Alicent had Baelon in her arms while Helaena was doting on Aemma. Her brothers were in conversation with their uncles and for the longest time, they were all occupied - no one paid much attention to Levana who had returned to the habit of scratching her arms because of the anxiety that she was feeling after her conversation with Rhaenyra.

Both princesses, more than anything, knew that there was now an undeniable rift between the two of them.

"Eva," Aemond called, "you haven't touched your food at all, is it not to your liking?"

Levana turned to her husband with a small smile and shook her head, "I'm not too hungry."

"Yet the redness in your arms says otherwise," Aemond pointed at the spot that she had been scratching, "I thought you had outgrown that, love."

"I did but I can't help it," Levana whispered.

"Did something happen?" Aemond asked as his wife nodded.

"I had an argument with mother," Levana said in a hushed whisper, "it did not end well."

"And that is the reason for you to be scratching uncontrollably, again?" Aemond asked, taking his wife's hand in his.

"I have something to ask you after dinner," Levana responded, "it's important."

"Then we shall discuss it when we retreat to our chambers," Aemond pressed a kiss against Levana's knuckles and smiled at her while watching his nephews swarm around his children.

"Aemond," Levana looked up at him, "it's important that you consider deeply what I am about to ask of you."

"You are making me nervous," Aemond chuckled, "you are the only one capable of doing that."

"Do not jest, Aemond."

"I am trying to ease your worries," Aemond responded, "but if it would help, I've told mother about the threat on your claim to the throne and she will deal with the Hand."

"What she will say to Otto will not matter if my own mother removes me from her line," Levana said as Aemond raised a brow.

"What do you mean?"

"After my confrontation with mother, it's likely that she won't name me as her heir."

"Does the King know about this?" Aemond asked, glancing at Rhaenyra who was watching her sons with a smile, "have you told anyone else?"

Levana shook her head, "you are not going to tell anyone else either unless she does something."

"Levana," Aemond hissed, "she will take advantage of the King's favor while he's still with us."

"And we will fall out of favor if we decide to point fingers, Aemond," Levana sighed, "let me handle my mother."

"Whatever you say, Eva," Aemond responded, "I trust you."

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

The day that succeeded the banquet was arguably the hardest for Levana. She knew that once her brothers and mother returned to Dragonstone, the rift between them would only grow larger - especially since Daemon was now an active participant in the ordeal.

Levana could ask for the support of the King and the Queen but she would rather deal with the matter on her own and in her own hands. She wouldn't give Daemon the satisfaction of standing a united front with the Queen or the Hightowers - as Levana suspected, that's what he has been wanting to achieve.

"Visit us sometime, Ana?" Joffrey asked as Levana smiled and ruffled his hair, "I'll try my best."

"When you come to Dragonstone, we can go hunting for the wild dragons," Jacaerys chuckled, causing the princess to roll her eyes, "we're going to get in trouble, Jace," Levana responded as her younger brother smiled and embraced her.

"I miss you so much," Jacaerys whispered as Levana embraced her brother tightly, "I miss you just the same, Jace."

"I'm sad that we couldn't stay any longer," Jacaerys sighed, "if it were up to me, I would stay at least a few moons just so I can spend more time with you."

Levana smiled at her brother, "take good care of them, Jace."

"You don't have to tell me twice, Ana," Jacaerys smiled, "I'll take charge."

"Be by mother's side and don't let her make judgments that you know won't benefit anyone," Levana requested, "I fear that as we grow farther apart, people will take advantage of it."

"You don't have to worry," Jacaerys assured, "I'll handle it, Ana."

"Thank you, Jace."

"You take care as well, please," Jacaerys looked at the ground, "I'm just so used to being able to see you that, until now, I haven't grown used to being away."

"Oh, Jace," Levana sighed, "I'll take care of myself, don't worry about me."

"If Aemond does anything to you, send me a raven and I will fly on dragonback," Jacaerys promised, "I will retrieve you even if it costs my life."

Levana's smile turned into a look of terror when she remembered her nightmare. The image of Jacarys covered in blood couldn't leave her mind.

"Please don't do anything stupid," Levana requested, "keep a close eye on Luke, Joff, and Rhaena."

Jacaerys nodded before embracing his sister again. The nurses would approach them with Baelon and Aemma in their arms as Jacaerys turned to bid farewell to them. The prince placed a kiss on their foreheads with a small smile.

"We'll be strangers when we meet again," Jacaerys sighed as he looked at his niece and nephew before nodding at his sister. The prince would join his mother on the ship as Lucerys and Joffrey approached Levana before embracing her.

"Keep an eye on Jace for me, will you?" Levana requested of her younger brothers who nodded in response.

"We'll keep Jace out of trouble," Lucerys promised as Joffrey nodded a response.

"But also, the both of you," Levana chuckled, "don't give our mother or your tutors too much of a hard time, yes?"

"Yes, Ana!" Lucerys promised before embracing her again. Joffrey followed as well before both princes' retreated to the both.

"Goodbye, mother," Levana called from the docks, "I will send invitations to the children's first Name Day."

Rhaenyra smiled, "even if you don't send them, we will be here for you."

With that, the boat to Dragonstone began to sail away from the docks. Levana stood there, waving farewell to her family as the nurses retreated to the carriages with Aemma and Baelon.

Things were going to be vastly different now.