【𝟗𝟑】

“Your Grace!” 

Ser Harrold rushed into the Great Hall as Levana looked up at him from her seat at the end of the Painted Table. The entirety of the Small Council as well as the Lords and Ladies present looked at the Lord Commander of the Queensguard in worry as he walked towards Levana. 

“Pyke is under siege, Your Grace,” Ser Harrold revealed, “it’s the Velaryon Fleet.” 

Rhaenys looked at her granddaughter who stood up from her seat and began to make her way towards the door. Ser Harrold followed after her as she began to untie the skirt of her dress; her clothes are tailored in a manner that her skirt could easily come off whenever she needed to ride Vermithor. She had riding gear under her dress to ensure that she’d be able to take flight whenever she needed to. 

“Besian and Grey Ghost are in Pyke, yes?” Levana asked as she began to put on her riding gloves. Ser Harrold followed after her and so did Princess Rhaenys. 

“Urge your grandsire to leave the Blacks,” Rhaenys said, “he will listen to you.” 

“Honestly,” Levana sighed, “I don’t understand why he’s still with the Blacks in the first place.” 

"He has his reasons, Ana," Rhaenys sighed, "no matter how unbelievable they are."

The Queen sighed as the guards opened the doors to the courtyard for her. Vermithor, Silverwing, and Cannibal immediately stood in attention as Levana approached them. 

“When Aemond returns,” Levana took a deep breath as she mounted Vermithor, “he shall remain in Harrenhal to make sure that any advances by the Blacks are dealt with.” 

“Understood, My Queen,” Ser Harrold bowed his head as Vermithor and Levana’s other two dragons took to the skies. Rhaenys walked to the courtyard and watched as Levana and her dragons disappeared into the clouds. 

The Queen Who Never Was placed a hand on her heart as Laenor followed after her. 

"I sometimes wonder what's in her head," Laenor sighed, "she is the Queen and if something happens to her, the cause will fall apart." 

"Laenor," Rhaenys sighed, "your daughter, with what very little she has in terms of allies, is trying to hold the realm together." 

Laenor took a deep breath as Rhaenys turned to him, "Levana stays true to doing what is right because she has never started a battle." 

"I know she means well but what is this call all for if something happens to her?" 

"Then we will carry on with her wishes," Rhaenys said, "crown or not, she is doing this for the realm and that is why she cares not for what might happen to her." 

Rhaenys smiled, "she is the Queen that the realm needs." 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

Levana's flight to Pyke was quick — or at least, to her it was. 

A thousand things were running in her head as her dragons began to attack the Velaryon Fleet. The Queen looked at the damage that the battle has done; most of them missed the castle itself but members of the Black Queen's army already found their way to the shore.

"Your Grace!" Besian yelled as Vermithor dodged an arrow that was aimed at the princess. 

"Where are the children?!" Levana asked as Silverwing and Cannibal began to rain fire on the fleet. 

"Safe," Besian said, "they are hidden within the castle." 

Levana let out a sigh of relief as she looked towards the fleet of ships that the Iron Fleet and the Triarchy were presently battling.