【𝟕𝟏】

Rhaenys Targaryen was always considered to be a valiant woman.

The Queen Who Never Was proudly served her realm and did so with much pride. That's why she didn't think twice about flying to the Rook's Rest to stand in their defense against the Greens.

Upon her arrival on Meleys, she delivered a mighty display of flames - burning down the troops on the ground. The arrows being sent toward them proved to be of no use and only angered the Red Queen further.

Scorpions and arrows made their attempt to injure Meleys, but the Red Queen retaliated with flames - burning troops and their shields.

"Aim for the rider!"

Rhaenys turned towards a knight on his white stallion, which she recognized as Criston Cole. Meleys continued to rain fire on the troops; it seemed victory was on her side.

That is, until two loud roars resounded through the sky.

Rhaenys cursed under her breath as Sunfyre and Vhagar flew toward them. She tried her best to fight them, breathing fire at the two dragons, but they retaliated with their own flames. Rhaenys had to think fast because, at this rate, she would not be able to defeat both dragons - not when Vhagar was larger than her own.

"How does it feel to betray the crown, Princess Rhaenys?" Aegon taunted, "all this because you couldn't secure the crown yourself?"

"This is beyond my ambition for the crown!" Rhaenys shouted, "this is for the realm!"

Meleys ascended higher into the sky as she released a large flame, almost engulfing Sunfyre in it but the golden dragon evaded - narrowly escaping the flames.

"The realm will thank you for nothing," Aegon laughed as Sunfyre pursued Meleys. Rhaenys navigated through the skies, making sure that she was away from the jaws of either Vhagar or Sunfyre.

"Say, Princess Rhaenys," Aegon spoke loudly, "you wouldn't happen to know what came of Levana, do you?"

The mention of the name made Rhaenys' heart drop. What happened to her beloved granddaughter?

"Where is she?"

"I was hoping that you'd tell us," Aemond responded as Vhagar roared, "where is my wife?!"

Rhaenys couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her granddaughter wasn't in King's Landing anymore and she wasn't with the Greens.

The moment that she got distracted, Aegon took it as an opportunity to attack; breathing fire at Meleys as Aemond disappeared, hiding while trying to find his own timing to attack. When Meleys began to fight back again, she managed to sink her teeth into Sunfyre's neck, injuring the dragon.

Aemond's eyes widened as the dragon began its descent. Immediately, the one-eyed prince commanded his dragon to attack the Red Queen. He was almost successful in his attempt to attack the dragon but he was stopped when a black dragon attacked Vhagar, pushing her away from the collision.

The dragon disappeared as quickly as it came and all Aemond could see was the shadow of two other dragons approaching his brother. He smiled slightly at the sight of Vermithor, staying in the clouds as the Bronze Fury attacked Sunfyre with his flames.

Rhaenys, on the other hand, couldn't believe her eyes as she saw Levana. Her heart swelled with relief as Sunfyre managed to break free from Meleys' grasp, managing to attack the female dragon by sinking his teeth into her neck as well.

"Grandma!" Levana shouted as Cannibal and Silverwing pushed Sunfyre aside, charging at him. Meleys was too weak to fight and so she began her descent, fortunately, Levana was quick enough to retrieve her grandmother from her dragon before she fell to the ground. Vermithor held Princess Rhaenys in his claws carefully as the princess watched her two dragons deal their final blows to Sunfyre.

Cannibal, being the largest among the three, was able to rip apart one of Sunfyre's wings while Silverwing breathed fire towards him. Aemond watched in pity before charging towards one of the dragons - an act to show that he was still on his brother's side but it was to no avail.

Sunfyre the Golden descended to the ground in flames and all Levana could hear were Aegon's screams.

"Fall back to me!" Levana commanded as Vermithor began to fly west with Cannibal and Silverwing following after him.

The princess turned her head to see her husband just a few feet away from them. She smiled at him, "come to the Iron Islands," she stated before her dragons flew away; leaving Vhagar and Aemond behind.

At the very least, he knew where to find her now.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

Vermithor carefully let go of Rhaenys as he flew above one of the towers at Pyke. The Queen Who Never Was sustained a few injuries that she sustained were great but they did leave her with gashes across her arms and legs.

Levana carefully unmounted from Vermithor, her hands shaking as she held onto one of the posts at the tower. The Bronze Fury looked at his rider with a soft expression; Levana noticed this and placed a hand on its snout before smiling, "go on, take a rest."

Vermithor grumbled as he flew off to one of the vacant islands just near Pyke; it was where he resided with Cannibal, Silverwing, and Grey Ghost as the Iron Islands didn't have proper accommodations for dragons - let alone four large ones.

Ser Nandor helped Levana walk towards her grandmother who immediately ran up to her and embraced her tightly.

"I thought we had lost you," Rhaenys began to cry, "why did you not stay in Dragonstone when you claimed the dragons?"

"What did my mother tell you?"

"Nothing," Princess Rhaenys responded, "Joffrey asked me to bring you home before I left for Rook's Rest but we were told nothing."

Levana felt her blood boil.

Her mother didn't tell anyone the truth of what happened during the night that she was in Dragonstone. No one knew what occurred and it was clear to her that no one knew what became of her children.

"Did you take Baelon and Aemma with you?"

Levana dreaded that question.

Ser Nandor felt the uneasiness of the princess and looked at Maester Priamos, "Princess Rhaenys, if I may, you should allow the maesters to treat your wounds before they get any worse."

Rhaenys raised a brow but noticed the look on Levana's face as well; it was a mixture of anger and longing. She relented and embraced her granddaughter one more time before heading into the castle with the Maester.

"She needs to know the truth," Levana mumbled, "she loved her grandchildren."

Ser Nandor walked ahead of the princess, "you should rest as well, Your Grace," he stated as Levana placed a hand on her stomach, "wouldn't want the babe to come early."

"At this rate," Levana chuckled, "I would rather that the babe did come early as it wouldn't be proper for me to be riding dragons and fighting in a war while I'm pregnant."

Ser Nandor smiled slightly, "is Prince Aemond joining us anytime soon?"

Levana shook her head, "I doubt," she sighed, "Aegon needs him more than ever now."

"Will you have to fight him?"

"Ser Nandor," Levana looked at her stomach, "the better question is, will he fight me?"